Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

%$#%^&@%$#@ BULLET PULLERS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2007, 08:34 AM
Silver Member

%$#%^&@%$#@ BULLET PULLERS

I have now borrowed two bullet pullers and I have broken both RCBS plastic pullers. This last one the tightening nut broke on a 22-250, after pulling 3 30-06!!! Why do they do that? Make a plastic hitting tool? Any who trying to see if there is a metalic one made and also if RCBS has any kind of a warrenty? What do you all use to pull bullets?

Joe Oakes
Old 05-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Gold Member

Re: %$#%^&@%$#@ BULLET PULLERS

Got one of those cheap plastic hammer type ones. So far its indestrucible, used it for everything that needs beating on, not only as a bullet puller. Doesn't have a name on it.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:21 AM
Platinum Member

My plastic one is 30+ and used on everything from 270 Win to 338 RUM and bunches in between.

Until I learned to kind of snap it instead of using it like a roofing hammer the handle looked like a snake but it held together.

Name on handle says QUINETICS Corp. San Antonio.

HTH [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-15-2007, 11:23 AM
Gold Member

I have the same model as Roy. Used it with no problems and great results for over 10 years. I have not been happy with anything from RCBS in the past couple years.

NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
RMEF Member
Old 05-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Platinum Member

I've broken 1 of each, the RCBS and the QUINETICS. I used the Quinetics for a couple years before I slammed it down and powder and bullet went everywhere, the top busted off...Same thing happened with the RCBS, only it happened after a couple months of use. I was thinking the same thing, why do they make these things out of cheap ass plastic??? All they do is break...I still haven't bought another one, I dont see a reason too, damn things just gonna break again...I just load up what I need to, and be real carefull. Shooting them is much more fun anyways...
Old 05-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Gold Member

I use a RCBS collet type bullet puller http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=680804

The Hornady one is on sale right now at Midway http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpag...eitemid=851547
You will also need the correct collet for the bullet caliber you are pulling.
James
Old 05-15-2007, 05:36 PM
Silver Member

Hey stroker, im thinkin they make dont make them out of metal cause' hitting metal to metal would make sparks, ignighting the cartridge. SO thats my guess why their made of plastic.
I personally have broke one RCBS bullet puller. I know why i did it too. I tightened it down too much then hit it. I have found if you leave them loose, but not too loose. It prevents it from cracking.