Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

brass sticking in die

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 12:55 PM
Silver Member

Re: brass sticking in die

Had used all lubes available on market. The best one of all is Redding or Imperial Die Wax. Never had a stuck case ever since and it wash off very easily with soap and warm water.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Silver Member

take your die apart and clean it real good then give it a soak in kerosine or diesel. Wipe out the fuel reassemble and try it agian useing the imperial wax as stated, but, clean your brass first. If you still have issues with stuck cases contact rcbs, it may just need interior polishing.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Platinum Member

Are you using "One Shot" or "One Stuck" or what ever that spray lube is called? I prefer the good old RCBS lube on a pad.

Jeff
Old 02-05-2013, 03:11 PM
Bronze Member

Check for a bur or anything in side the die.. i had a new 300WM die that would stick a round.. polished it really good and never had a problem since.
Old 02-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Gold Member

Also make sure you're using the correct shell holder. If my memory serves me, it should be a #10 RCBS shell holder.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member

"Is there some secret to lube I am missing?"

All commercial case lubes work fine if used correctly, there's no secret to lubing.

I don't know what you're missing but cases get stuck for one reason only; insufficent lube. Noobs tend to grease the upper case and neck excessively but neglect the lower, thicker part which is where they get stuck.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomtube View Post
"Is there some secret to lube I am missing?"

All commercial case lubes work fine if used correctly, there's no secret to lubing.

I don't know what you're missing but cases get stuck for one reason only; insufficent lube. Noobs tend to grease the upper case and neck excessively but neglect the lower, thicker part which is where they get stuck.
+1

some of my longer rounds only get lube on the BOTTOM HALF to make sure they don't lube dent. The brass is worked by the die mainly just above the web where it's thick, so that's where they will stick.