Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Brass cleaning question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Brass cleaning question

I think Riley made that catch because he has a poster-sized pic of that rifle on his wall! When I was 14 I had posters of stupid Italian cars and model-type women who probably couldn't even cook wild game. I think Riley's got it figured out!

Jeff, I thought you were going to say it was a wave radio . C'mon, its plugged in but I don't use it? Sounds like a Clinton quote to me!

Too funny. Riley your post made my night.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:58 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by varmintH8R View Post
I think Riley made that catch because he has a poster-sized pic of that rifle on his wall! When I was 14 I had posters of stupid Italian cars and model-type women who probably couldn't even cook wild game. I think Riley's got it figured out!

Jeff, I thought you were going to say it was a wave radio . C'mon, its plugged in but I don't use it? Sounds like a Clinton quote to me!

Too funny. Riley your post made my night.
LOL! Im dying from the Clinton part...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broz View Post
Ha ha!! The display is on all the time if it is plugged in. That cord goes down through a hole in the bench and into a power strip behind those tool boxes. It just sits there but I need to clean it, put it back in its box and store it. Or let Diane have it for jewelry. I just looked and it is ice cold and 90% of the stinky vinegar solution has evaporated away. Trust me it is ice cold and has not been fired up since the arrival of the STM system. The vibrator tumblers are under the bench sporting a nice coat of dust.

Good catch Riley, but no glory..

Jeff
That's the way it always is. ha ha

I'm 15
"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
~George Washington

"The only advantage a light rifle has is weight, all other advantages go to the heavy rifle."
~ JE CUSTOM

"Dope that scope and tickle that giggle switch"

~Doublezranch

Biggest fail of 2014 so far... http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...ea-ftf-128972/
Old 09-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Platinum Member

Oh Ouch!! OK... Busted, I use it all the time but I never enjoyed it....

Funny stuff

Jeff
Old 09-23-2013, 09:30 PM
Bronze Member

How necessary is a case tumbler for a new reloader? I'm just getting into the game and haven't purchased anything yet.

Jay

Winchester Model 70 Black Shadow in 300 Win Mag, all factory, shooting Remington Core-Lokt 180 PSP factory rounds. Shoots too good to try and "fix" it. Multiple one shot kills to 400+/- yards and one kill at 815 yards.

Winchester Model 70 XTR in 264 Win Mag with Nikon 4.5x14SF BDC running HSM ammo loaded with 140 Grain Bergers. Antelope killer!

Soon, a APS Raptor LRSS Turn Key System in 338 AX. Time to step up my game. Should be finished by hunting season 2014!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guide View Post
How necessary is a case tumbler for a new reloader? I'm just getting into the game and haven't purchased anything yet.

Jay
Jay , you can surely get by for a while with out something. But at some point brass will get pretty dirty. I would at least use some 0000 steel wool on the necks and shoulders for now. If you shoot a lot, like clean cases inside and out, and plan to be loading for a long time, I will recommend you save for the STM.

Jeff
Old 09-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks for the kind reply Jeff. I have asked other reloading questions and got the typical "use the search function" answer from some members. I live over in Butte. I hope to meet you some day and look at your guns and loading gear or do some hunting with you. I hope to have my APS 338 AX this year (Kirby said I might have it for big game season) and need to practice on some of my other rifle rounds first.

Jay

Winchester Model 70 Black Shadow in 300 Win Mag, all factory, shooting Remington Core-Lokt 180 PSP factory rounds. Shoots too good to try and "fix" it. Multiple one shot kills to 400+/- yards and one kill at 815 yards.

Winchester Model 70 XTR in 264 Win Mag with Nikon 4.5x14SF BDC running HSM ammo loaded with 140 Grain Bergers. Antelope killer!

Soon, a APS Raptor LRSS Turn Key System in 338 AX. Time to step up my game. Should be finished by hunting season 2014!
Old 09-23-2013, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guide View Post
Thanks for the kind reply Jeff. I have asked other reloading questions and got the typical "use the search function" answer from some members. I live over in Butte. I hope to meet you some day and look at your guns and loading gear or do some hunting with you. I hope to have my APS 338 AX this year (Kirby said I might have it for big game season) and need to practice on some of my other rifle rounds first.

Jay
Jay, if you are coming over this way give me a PM. If you want to stop by and look over my equipment I will be glad to show you what I use.

Jeff