Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Best store for buying handload parts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2007, 10:14 AM

Best store for buying handload parts

Hi, first of all sorry about mistakes, Im spanish (Europe) and my english is not very good.
A friend of mine will travel to Seattle next month and I want him to buy me bullets, a rangefinder (Leupold RX IV) and other things. My question is, which is the better store (Midway, Cabelas, etc) for buying this kind of things in internet?

Best regards from Spain,

Ari.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Silver Member

Try PowderValley, Gunstop and Graf's for reloading components - I usually do better there than at Cabelas or Midway . . .
Powder Valley, Inc.
Gunstop Reloading Supplies Inc.
Graf & Sons - Welcome

You might check with Mike at CSGW about the rangefinder.
mike@csgunworks.com
CS Gunworks Competition Shooting and Law Enforcement Supplies, Gun Accessories

Will you friend be able to export these items for you?

The beatings will continue until morale improves.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:56 AM
Silver Member

Ari,
WOW, your english is better than mine. I don't think any of the stores you mentioned have actual stores in the Seattle area (I might be wrong). If you contact some of the folks on this site that live in the Seattle area to point you in the right direction. Will any of those places deliver directly to you. I know nothing about international shipping.
Good luck with everything.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Platinum Member

Ari, of the things you mentioned, i or very few over here, would buy a Leupold range finder. get a Swarowski or Leica or Newcon, BUT DON'T GET A LEUPOLD!
Old 09-25-2007, 06:33 PM
Silver Member

Leupold No Bueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewilson View Post
Ari, of the things you mentioned, i or very few over here, would buy a Leupold range finder. get a Swarowski or Leica or Newcon, BUT DON'T GET A LEUPOLD!

I have to agree with Dave, I made the mistake of buying a Leupold RX-IV rangefinder. It was slow, screen clustered with options (confusing), did not range past 400 yards for me. Not worth 500 dollars, I sold this rangefinder and bought a Leica 1200crf been happy since.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:37 PM
Silver Member

Sportsman's Warehouse has stores in the area that have good pricing. If your friend has a rental car, he can drive to Burlington (about an hour north) and shop at Kesselrings. I've shopped there for the last 20 years and they are real good people (family owned). If he doesn't see it, just ask, they probably have it...It's an amazing place. I agree about the Leupold range finder, not my first, second, third, or even fourth choice. Buenos Dia.? (Three years of Spanish in high school and I can barely order a beer.)
Old 09-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Hi, first of all sorry about mistakes, Im spanish (Europe) and my english is not very good.
A friend of mine will travel to Seattle next month and I want him to buy me bullets, a rangefinder (Leupold RX IV) and other things. My question is, which is the better store (Midway, Cabelas, etc) for buying this kind of things in internet?

Best regards from Spain,

Ari.
Hi, first of all sorry about mistakes, I'm American (USA) and my Spanish is not very good, even though 50% of the population where I live speaks spanish only (Illegal mexican border jumpers).
I love Leupold rifle scopes, but there rangefinders are perhaps the worst on the market. the best are the Swarovski's and the Leica's.
Midway, and cabela's are a good source and also try E-Bay.
UB