Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Berger Bullets

Best rifle reloader?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Silver Member
Re: Best rifle reloader?

Best and best for you is a very subjective question.

Best in terms of indestructible would be a corbin s press for single stage and a dillon 1050 for progressive. But thats in a perfect world for people with some serious spare $.

I would recommend the rock chucker for general hobby use. Just get the press don't mess with the kit. If you have the money go up to the ammo master it will allow a larger bore diameter and more flexibility down the road.

If you have a good stable basement or garage with a cement floor I would recommend an electric scale. If not go with the rcbs 1010, its a superb scale that will last your life time.

Aside from that find what you like, read the midway reviews on a case trimmer, tumbler, powder trickler... etc Go in to a cabelas or similar store and handle them if you can. I love my redding powder trickler and my buddy hates it its just preference. Go for as high a quality as you can afford.

For the best bang for the buck get the redding dies, they are just good dies I really prefer them over rcbs.

Unread 01-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Bronze Member
Re: Best rifle reloader?

The top of the line in single stage presses is the Forster Co-Ax. Snap-in/out floating die retention, automatic shell holder jaws, flawless spent primer/debris handling and strong/accurate construction are all hallmark features of the Co-Ax.