Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Best rifle reloader?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 10:04 PM

Best rifle reloader?

What is the best rifle reloader The rcbs such as the rock chucker supreme kit or the hornady equipment such as the autoprogressive? Someone said dont get the hornady because they are hard to get stuff for.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:08 PM
SPONSOR

Re: Best rifle reloader?

Might save some time if you look down this page a few threads to the other discussion that's going on about the same topic....

which reloader?
Old 01-09-2009, 05:10 PM
Silver Member

The best equipment is not determined by the technology or price, but by what best fits the needs of your reloading process. Personally, neither of the brands you mention are my top choices. If I needed a large quantity of pistol ammo, one of them would be. What do you need?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Silver Member

I would not buy a 'kit' . Waste of money. They sell them at inflated pricing because no one ever really does the research to get the right equipment for their style of reloading. Buy your main components first to get you thru case prep, then practice on a bunch of cases. Then figure it out from there.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Platinum Member

Best kits for the money, and you get quality stuff, is the Lyman Crusher II Expert kits. They come with what you really will need to reload with.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Silver Member

redding forester or lyman presses. redding or forester dies and shell holders.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:57 PM

For single stage reloading the Rock chucker is best and has enough leverage that belted cases are a breeze. For the money Redding dies are the best. I also agree with lever-hed that kits are a waste of money. They might come with what you "need" but not what you will want later on. Most kits come with very cheep scales and other crap.
Reloading can cost you a lot of money starting out, but if you start out with upper end equipment it will last you a life time and you will be happy with it.
I would try to find some one that lives in your aria that reloads and see what they own and what they like and donít like.
That way you can make up your mind with more knowledge of just what YOU need.
What your going to get here is what WE like and not what might be best for you. The other thing that I would do is look at WHERE youíre going to reload. Too many people start out by buying equipment before the bench and it just doesnít work. Its like buying the cart before the horse.
My suggestion is to pick a location where your going to reload then build your self a bench that will be a permanent part of your shooting collection.
If you want a progressive press then the only one is Dillon.
If you want a good location to look at upper end equipment, check out the following.
http://www.sinclairintl.com/