Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Best reloading press ??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2006, 12:03 PM
Platinum Member

Best reloading press ??

Hey their guys , my house is finaly comming back together and it'll soon be time to get my reloading tool picked out so they can be replaced. I have used several presses the RCBS partner and Rock Chucker and a Forster Bonanza in the past all three were lost in the hurricane so I'm looking to replace them with one maybe two new presses and was just wondering what everbody out their was using and if you could change what would you change to ??
Old 03-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Gold Member

Re: Best reloading press ??

Hi JD,
glad to hear that your home will soon be finished.
I have a Redding Ultramag press permanantly set up at home and a RCBS reloader Special for my portable set up.

Ian.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Gold Member

JD,
I use a Forester Co-Ax and I would never change it. I have used a lot of different ones, and I also have an RCBS A-4 (Big Max) for the really heavy stuff. I am happy with my set-up!
Good luck, and good shooting.
Jim

Raptor Stalker by
Kirby Allen APS
Old 03-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Platinum Member

I realy liked my Co-Ax press I was just wondering if their might be any better ways to go , the biggest rounds I'll ever work with are probably the RUM's and the 378-460 based cases so I realy don't need a monster. its hard to believ that the crazy setup that Forster uses loads such accurate ammo , I have buddies that looked at it and said theirs no way it can load strait ammo thenthey watch me load and then we shoot ?
Old 03-06-2006, 08:07 PM
Bronze Member

Your buddies must have Mad Cow Disease.

Bonanza Co-Ax all the way.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Silver Member

How does the Co Ax work with RCBS and Redding dies? I am in the market for a new press, I have loaded for years on my Dads Rock Chucker. But I am torn between the Co Ax and Ultra Mag Press. Anyone have experience with loading a 22-250 case or similar on these presses? Biggest case I would be reloading would be the Ultra Mag/ Weatherby cases. I would ultimately like to have something to cover all of the bases.

Thanks in advance.

Ken
Old 03-16-2006, 09:49 PM

I have two Bonanza CoAx presses, a Hollywood 12 station turret press, a Hollywood single station press, and a Sinclair arbor. The only action the Hollywoods get anymore is for bullet pulling. The RCBS collet bullet puller will not work with the coax. The Sinclair is in a drawer here and never sees any work. With two CoAx presses I do not have to switch the shell holders from large to small and reverse, and take a chance of loosing one of the shell holder coil springs. The presses set side by side on my loading bench and do not interfere with each other when loading...whatever. Also the handles(the coax is a downstroke press) are up and out of the way when not being used. The longest cartridge that I reload is the 30'06. The handle clears those dies with plenty of room to spare. The CoAx works well with Redding, Lyman, RCBS, Forster and CH dies. I have used/owned the CH press, RCBS Rockchucker and other presses of similar construction. For me, the Bonanza CoAx is the best press for my purposes.