Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

best brass 308

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Platinum Member

Re: best brass 308

Vince45,
Sorry for the geographic miscommunication, and yeah, that does change things a bit. From what I understand, the disruption down under should be temporary, and Nioa and/or Custer should be back up in a bit. Not my neck of the woods, but that's my understanding on this end.

As for Vihtavuori, no, they have not been sold. They are currently looking to sell, but we're not anticipating any disruption from this. As you pointed out, it's a modern, high capacity production facility, and has a definate role in Finland's defense force, somewhat akin to that of Lapua itself. Be happy to keep eveyone posted as things develop further.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:07 PM

Re: best brass 308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Thomas View Post
Vince45,
Sorry for the geographic miscommunication, and yeah, that does change things a bit. From what I understand, the disruption down under should be temporary, and Nioa and/or Custer should be back up in a bit. Not my neck of the woods, but that's my understanding on this end.

As for Vihtavuori, no, they have not been sold. They are currently looking to sell, but we're not anticipating any disruption from this. As you pointed out, it's a modern, high capacity production facility, and has a definate role in Finland's defense force, somewhat akin to that of Lapua itself. Be happy to keep eveyone posted as things develop further.
No worries Kevin, its a credit to you that you are keeping abreast of relevant discussions on the forums. I spoke to Custer . the other day and they have only some random cals of brass left , the problem lies in that Lapua is very well regarded here and as soon as word got around, they had a huge rush on all the stock they had on hand !. Nioa are very capable and Im sure will take over and do a good job , moving forward .

Regards Mark