Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Bersin Concentricity Tool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2006, 09:02 AM
SPONSOR

Bersin Concentricity Tool

Anybody have any experience or opinions on these? I got to play w/one a couple of weeks ago and was impressed. Pretty neat tool. I'm still not sure if I want to spend that much money on one though.

Thanks,
B.J.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:15 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Bersin Concentricity Tool

Here is a link http://www.kinneman.com/web/2003/cat...atalog_49.html

I would also like to hear what anyone has to say about them.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Gold Member

Looks interesting. Does it then fix the RO problem of the bullet in relation with the case or neck?? Won´t this twist the neck somehow??
Old 04-28-2006, 11:02 AM

Bill go ahead and get one, your best friend at the long star shoot had one shooting those good groups at 1000 yards, he also said that he will spot for you at the up coming shoot at ricks [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Platinum Member

I don't think I would accept ten of them free. Their problem is they push the bullet back straight. Too much of the time when that's done, it loosens them in the neck. That's because the neck will also bend and become oval shaped at the mouth.

Crooked seated bullets are typically very well aligned with the case neck. To straighten them out, you have to bend the neck on the case. And do so without disturbing the bullet's position in the neck.

This can easily be done by using a bullet puller with a collet sized a bit larger than loaded round neck diameter. First measure your rounds for bullet straightness, then mark their high point. Put the bullet puller in the press, then push up a bullet in it from below with the high point mark towards you all the way to the shoulder, then gently tighten the collet a bit. Push the bottom of the round back a bit, remove the round then check its out of round value. You'll soon learn about how much to push the bottom of the case to straighten the runout a certain amount.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:50 PM
SPONSOR

Darrin????

I thought you were dead man!!!!! I heard you were blown to peices in some wierd 8mm Mauser explosion!!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You all better watch out at Ricks shoot, daddy is coming down and I got a new 22-250 to whip on yall with. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sad thing is those guys from texas you all invited will probably beat all of us with there damn bench guns!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

See ya in a week

steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 04-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Gold Member

I'd agree with Bart on this tool screwing with the neck tension of your loaded rounds.