Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Berger 308 Win bullet ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 09:00 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Berger 308 Win bullet ?

Looks interesting. Let us know how it works out.
Matthew 7:13-14
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

Friends don't let friends develop canonitis!-chucknbach

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:25 PM
Platinum Member

Will do, Tank.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:55 AM
Platinum Member

I've played with the heavies before, but never with any amount of success. My one rifle had the wrong twist, and the other rifle's barrel is too short to really get any decent velocity. Not to mention it could use a new stock.
"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. [14] But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.

If you find your self in a fair fight, your tactics suck!- Marine 1st Sergeant Jim Ryfinger

arguing over the internet is like the special Olympics....even if you win, you are still...special!
Old 03-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Platinum Member

Yeah, my 5R should eat them up.....Perfect combo for the heavies....5R rifling, 11.25" twist, and a 24" barrel. Oughtta be perfect for those bullets, in theory. It loves the 168's and 175's.

I'll be heading to the range in a little while (they don't open till 1 on Sundays), so I will post my findings.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member

Ok......First off, I'd like to appologize for not getting pics, but the bottom was fixing to fall out of the sky right as the day ended.

Now, on to the 210 Berger VLD's......with them seated @ 3.060", with 39.1gr of Varget, and Fed 210 primers, i was shooting 1/2-3/4" 3-shot groups once you subtract the bullet width. I'd say the ole 5R loves them. I will definitely be buying a box of them this week to load up more of them.

I will get pics next time.

Quote:
Old 03-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Platinum Member

Sounds good.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member

Tank if you have an 11"-12" twist, you should give it a try. I think I am going to make it one of my pet loads.

Quote: