Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Berger Bullets

Berger 250 grn Elite Hunter seating depth

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Re: Berger 250 grn Elite Hunter seating depth

Thank you for your help. The factory mag requires a very deeply seated bullet. It has been figured out using my Sinclair seating depth tool. Factory magazines are too short.

Today I went to the range, I found that for my Browning A Bolt .02 off the lands. I could only stand 12 rounds, but I am now shooting 1/2 MOA. Now I need to start load development and tweak.

I want a new stock, this piece of plastic with hard rubber butt pad can really hurt. I am thinking McM A5. Anyone have any recommendations?

Unread 05-10-2015, 08:09 PM
Silver Member

Unread 05-11-2015, 03:11 PM
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 4t4mag View Post
YIP, I figured it out, I guess I was too excited about these new bullets. The Hunting Elite are NOT for SAAMI standard bores. Well, I guess I now have 99 bullets that I can't use. I should have read better.
You are right on our Elite Hunter bullets being long and not really made for being seated to magazine length. You would have to use the loaded cartridges in a "single shot" mode. The bullet is seated in the cartridge case way to deep at magazine length in your picture.
Take care!
Phil Hoham
Berger Bullets Tech