Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Belding and Mull Powder Measure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 09:35 PM
Silver Member

Belding and Mull Powder Measure

Chargemaster keypad quit working and have yet to send it back for repair, so picked up a Belding and Mull Powder measure off Ebay. Gotta say I'm impressed. Have used it with 7828, Varget, RL15 IMR-4895 and Tac. The WORST it has done is with 7828, which has about as big kernels as anything out there, and it easily held within .2gr, most of the time, less. With Ramshot Tac, charge to charge variation is less than .1gr. I don't have the micrometer charge tube yet, something I intend to remedy, but once you get it set, works it throws as consistently as my Chargemeaster and is much quicker.

Montana Valley Arms is now remanufacturing a version of the B&M, and from their pictures, it looks to be a little more refined. Might have to try one of those out too...

John
Old 03-31-2013, 11:10 PM
Gold Member

Re: Belding and Mull Powder Measure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo64d View Post
Chargemaster keypad quit working and have yet to send it back for repair, so picked up a Belding and Mull Powder measure off Ebay. Gotta say I'm impressed. Have used it with 7828, Varget, RL15 IMR-4895 and Tac. The WORST it has done is with 7828, which has about as big kernels as anything out there, and it easily held within .2gr, most of the time, less. With Ramshot Tac, charge to charge variation is less than .1gr. I don't have the micrometer charge tube yet, something I intend to remedy, but once you get it set, works it throws as consistently as my Chargemeaster and is much quicker.

Montana Valley Arms is now remanufacturing a version of the B&M, and from their pictures, it looks to be a little more refined. Might have to try one of those out too...

John
The one your looking at is for Black Powder

Here is place that's making them
Belding and Mull: The Outdoorsman's Haven

I've had my B&M lot of years and it came with one tube choice of standard or mag. I forget which year but I got 4 of the mircometer mag tubes still have the everything.

Well good luck
Old 04-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM H View Post
The one your looking at is for Black Powder
I had talked to the folks at MVA and they stated that their measure works great with smokeless powder too.

John
Old 04-01-2013, 01:46 PM

Been using a Belding & Mull for years. It throws consistent charges with all of the powders I use.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:37 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo64d View Post
I had talked to the folks at MVA and they stated that their measure works great with smokeless powder too.

John

Good to know.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Bronze Member

I don't know if B&M is actually selling complete measures yet or not, but they supposedly have replacement parts and drop tubes. Drop tubes may also be bought on Ebay, both new and old.

I have been using a product-improved clone made by Vega Tool for a long time. It is very nice.

I also have an original one for nostalgia reasons.

I also own lots of drop tubes that are dedicated to particular loads.

"An armed society is a polite society"--Robert Heinlein via Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

"Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery...all else is twaddle!"--Admiral Sir John Fisher, RN