Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

BC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 07:47 PM

BC

BC I was wandering which bc is the most best for the berger bullets i personaly havent tried the G7. Ihave ben using G1for every thing and it has ben realy close if i add in actul drop figurs at verious distance and have tested out over 1100 yards and ben right on. thanks

Last edited by elkhunting; 03-21-2013 at 07:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-21-2013, 09:00 PM
Gold Member

Re: BC

For long range G7 is best for anything with a boat tail. Assuming of course you know the G7 BC for the bullet. For Berger you are all set.

You do verify your drops, right ? Thats how you would find that the G1 values were a bit off. Spend about $50 and get the book written by Bryan Litz "Applied Ballistics for Long Range Shooting". It contains a library of G1 and G7 BC's for 225 long range bullets that he independently verified.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:34 AM
Platinum Member

I don't trust any single BC number for a bullet. 'Tis been proved by chronograph testing time of flights that there can be as many as 5 or 6 BC's for a given bullet in as many velocity bands. Drag's not the same at all speeds through the air for a given bullet.

G7 numbers make it easy to use.

G1 numbers, such as those used by Sierra Bullets which are several for a given bullet, are more accurate.

Use which ones you want to.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 PM

Ihave ben using shooter and inputing actull drop which has giving good results and has changed how many shoots it takes to know exact drop at diferent ranges in past i shoot every distanse and charted the path out to 1,000 or more .I just switched frome shepard scopes to tatcial scopes about a year ago .used shephard for 15 years out to over 1,000