Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

In Bad Need of Brass!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member

Re: In Bad Need of Brass!

i just gave away a whole bunch of stw brass i had sitting around. i had no idea so many people needed it...

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Old 03-27-2013, 09:30 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
i just gave away a whole bunch of stw brass i had sitting around. i had no idea so many people needed it...
Damn........I sure could have used it. Mine have been loaded and shot so many times, they're splitting 2/3 of the way around about 1/8" up from the belt. LOL

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farout View Post

My experience with Bruno's is that if they have the arrival date following the part description they dont have it yet. I have tried to call them to see if they actually have it and their lines are always busy. Wish I had known this was going to be such a problem... would have been stocking up sooner.

Thanks, Dennis
Old 03-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Platinum Member

Everybody's mentioned the 8mm Rem Mag, but there's actually quite a few cases you can use for this. The 300 H&H, 375 H&H come to mind immediately, but there are several others as well. Should be able to find one of these without too much trouble.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Thomas View Post
Everybody's mentioned the 8mm Rem Mag, but there's actually quite a few cases you can use for this. The 300 H&H, 375 H&H come to mind immediately, but there are several others as well. Should be able to find one of these without too much trouble.
Yep, I've shot a lot of stw's head stamped 375h@h. It takes an intermediate necking step and a fire-form.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Thomas View Post

Thanks for the info. I would think the 300 H&H would probably size up as easy or easier than the 8mm Rem Mag. I will definitely keep my eyes open for those. Thanks again...
Old 03-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Platinum Member

I was just on Midway's site and they do have some loaded ammo in 7mmstw for sale; I know it's not as cheap as rolling your own, but you will end up with proper headstamp brass when you are through with them.