Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

anyone using the forster bushing bump die??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 04:40 PM
Silver Member

anyone using the forster bushing bump die??

I've had one of these with the bushings on back order with Graffs for about 6 mo's. Since I put these on order I've seen some posts where people are saying they still have to use the redding body die. I'm assuming you can go a good number of loadings before having to break out the body die?? If not maybe I should just stick to the lee collet die and body die I have....but I wanted to make things really simple in one stroke of the press without lube.
Any input from bump die users please??
Old 09-21-2009, 06:46 PM

Re: anyone using the forster bushing bump die??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraky View Post
I've had one of these with the bushings on back order with Graffs for about 6 mo's. Since I put these on order I've seen some posts where people are saying they still have to use the redding body die. I'm assuming you can go a good number of loadings before having to break out the body die?? If not maybe I should just stick to the lee collet die and body die I have....but I wanted to make things really simple in one stroke of the press without lube.
Any input from bump die users please??

I use on for a 6x47 Lapua. It is true that you sometimes still need a body die, but not real often. Well, I guess it depends on your caliber and load....but the loads for my longrange comp. gun are real easy on brass. On a side note, it's handy to have more than one bushing on hand. For instance, I usually size all my once fired brass with a .267 bushing, but on occasion.......I'll run into a case that won't hold a bullet. I put this one into the "sighter" pile and use the .266 bushing. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with the shoulder bump bushing die.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:30 PM
Silver Member

Re: anyone using the forster bushing bump die??

I use a Redding Full Length bushing die. You can can set it to just neck size, bump the shoulder back a little or full length size your brass.