Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Any rules for shipping powder I can sell.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Bronze Member

Any rules for shipping powder I can sell.

I have a question. I have 7 - 1 pound containers of powder I want to sale. Is there any rules I need to follow as in shipping via USPS, FedEX, or UPS.

Businesses usually charge the Hazmat fee, does that apply to us. I want to sale some leftover powder from Load Development.

Thanks Vic
Old 03-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Any rules for shipping powder I can sell.

Yup, Hazmat will apply. I'd ask the buyer to pay that or be a nice guy & split it. Talk to the shipping company about price.

You don't have any Varget in there do you?

t

Old 03-13-2013, 02:12 PM
Platinum Member

Or Retumbo?

I have been told by a friend that Hazmat no longer applies in the smaller capacities. I have not verified but he said he won an arguement with UPS or something like that. ??
Old 03-13-2013, 02:17 PM
Bronze Member

You'd be better off posting it locally. UPS is the only one I know of that ships powder/primers and they require a $25.00 hazmat, business or private sale. If memory serves you can ship up to 64lbs of powder and 5k primers under one hazmat. I'm guessing you have more than one type of powder, so unless someone is willing to take it all its not cost effective. On top of that I don't think too many ppl are going to buy powder privately through the mail.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:28 PM
Platinum Member

I looked it up. Primers and powder are hazmat across the board. You can ship AMMO and it is not hazmat. Live ammo would seem more dangers since the ignition source, a primer, is with it. LOL.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:32 PM

Hello, I am new i hape i am at the right spot to ask; I bought reloading supplies from private, in shelton ct. & he has shipped everything from equip to primers to bullets but cant find anyone to ship powder 4 8# CONTAINERS I LIVE IN IOWA ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED THANK YOU.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
I looked it up. Primers and powder are hazmat across the board. You can ship AMMO and it is not hazmat. Live ammo would seem more dangers since the ignition source, a primer, is with it. LOL.

Hey brother, it's the federal government... does anything they do make sense! LOL

t