Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Is any body as frustrated as I am? No Powder to buy!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Is any body as frustrated as I am? No Powder to buy!

I ment h1000.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Bronze Member

Individual not company
Old 07-16-2013, 01:15 PM
Platinum Member

I found some powder. I went to the town next to me this morning for a Doc visit and stopped at a big sporting goods store there. They had some powders. They even had some VARGET. Trouble was these people have lost their minds. They wanted $33.00 a pound and that would make it $36 and change after tax. They can keep it.
Old 07-16-2013, 05:00 PM
Platinum Member

My LGS sells Hodgdon powders for $28.99-30.99 /lb. Beats what they want for Vihtavouri @ over $55.00 / lb...

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:25 PM

I am new to reloading and have been trying to find some of the magical Varget to try...

I have had no luck after looking hard for a couple months.

I went into Walmart right after work on tuesday and was blown away that they actually had a bunch of powder on the shelf.... But no Varget. I grabbed some 4350 and was shooting the breeze with the clerk. He said " Yeah, we got in 12 pounds of Varget at 2:00 this afternoon and the same guy that always comes in, came in at 2:15 and bought all twelve pounds and he brought two friends and bought us out of 9mm ammo too... It's like he knows when we are getting a shipment, everytime, without fail he is here 15-20 minutes after our shipment comes in. I wish I could just tell him no so some other customers would have a chance..."

I could have murdered someone... They had TWELVE POUNDS AT 2:00 O'CLOCK, and when I got there at 4:45, it was all gone. If that guy woulda been there I probably woulda stomped him out in a fit of rage. I was so pissed... I have looked on gunbroker and other places that you can get it and it is double the price, and I am sure that's what this fuckhead is doing... flipping it online... Unbelievable...
Old 07-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Bronze Member

Al's sporting goods in northern Utah had like 70 pounds of varget yesterday if your anywhere close.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:58 PM
Bronze Member

Finally found the H-1000!!! Got 8 1-lb. cans delivered today from 3rd Generations Shooter Supply.