Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Is any body as frustrated as I am? No Powder to buy!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Silver Member

Re: Is any body as frustrated as I am? No Powder to buy!

I found a little family owned store in Buhl Idaho called THE AVID SPORTSMAN. They have a little shop on the side of a gas station that handles sporting goods. They have had a good assortment on hand due to a non hoarding clients. Most that go in there are locals from a farming and religion based community. Not many hoarders there! Look them up on google and give them a call...
Old 06-29-2013, 09:23 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemens View Post
You would think retailers like cabelas etc.. would put a stop to the hoarding do others can get what they need. Some stores have 2 box or 2pounds limit per person per day. If a store is just letting one or 2 people clean shelves makes me wonder how long they will be in bussiness. I need brass bullets everything and most places sold out. Don't plan on shooting .06 maybe rebuilding it. But ammo is available may have to rethink things a bit

The store is in business to make $$$. If one man buys every bit of powder they have...they havent made any more or less that if 50 guys bought it all.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Silver Member

I can't speak for every town and/or State, but the writing was on the walls more then six months ago!

Lucky for me my LGS and some on-line purchases have kept me from ranting like the O.P. but I made a real effort to visit my LGS almost everyday when I felt shipments might have come in and bought either bullets I use or powder when it came available.

Even though we have a Cabela's at the State Line, I haven't seen any large supplies of powder since before Christmas there. And unless you shoot an odd caliber or a .223, a 30-06 Springfield or a 338 Lapua, brass is not available there either except for a few pistol brass cases. I told one of the floor staff I had more powder on hand then they did, He said "I do too"!

My LGS, had a large shipment of Alliant powder come in a few months ago, Reloader 22, 25, 33, and 50, but if you waited too long to walk in you'd never know it was ever there even with a limit of 2 like items! Sometimes it pays to stock up, and preparing for instances like this.

"Only accurate rifle are interesting" Col. Townsend Whelen

Last edited by longrangehunterII; 06-29-2013 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Added a sentence.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:45 AM
Gold Member

What causes alot of these shortages too are the guys that don't even reload buying up everything they can find with the idea of resale. I have seen it alot and that sucks the most because they don't even plan on using the powder.Things will catch up alot of guys have over spent buying AR-15's ammo , reloading components and stuff will start to stay on the shelves before too long.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Gold Member

The real problem is not a sortage there is all the powder we nead. But the law say that a truck can only hall 100 pounds at a time. That is what Ramshot powder told me. DOT law.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:25 PM
Silver Member

This may help you find what you need.
GunBot find powder in stock
Old 06-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Bronze Member

Gents.
Try spare a thought for us Shooters who are really at the end of the Supply Chain. US Powder, Ammo and Bullets are in very short supply in England and no supplies envisaged untill 2014 at the earliest.
We still have Vit but they will resupply their biggest market ( U.S.) first. Ramshot is still available as it comes in direct from Belgium where it is made.
I am fortunate in as much as i only Handload to Hunt but the Lads who are Target Shooters are struggling. Varget in particular is like Gold Dust.

Brit.