Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Is any body as frustrated as I am? No Powder to buy!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 04:40 PM
Bronze Member

Is any body as frustrated as I am? No Powder to buy!

I am frustrated, upset and pissed off. There is nothing I can do about it.

Is any body as frustrated, upset or pissed off that it is next to impossible to buy any supplies for reloading. This is beyond ridiculous and if there ever was a government conspiracy this smells (rotten) like one.

All i ask for is enough powder to load for the hunting season. I want to be able to go shoot some long ranges and practice so when i have that chance in the hunting season i can make the perfect shot. I am getting pissed off by the day every time i check with any store for the powder I need to load with. Shelf after shelf is empty and bare. I feel like they should put a picture of the Democrat party with a message "you can thank us" . UUUHHHgggggg.

I have spoken with a number of gun shops and sporting goods stores and they make it sound like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I want to start ranting and using language in appropriate to this forum. For God sakes stupid gun control idiots, leave us alone.

I have never been a panic fanatic and start buying up **** and hording it. Now I wish i had been. They tell me stories about ass holes that go into Cabellas and sweep every gun powder off the shelf into baskets and buy up everything. I hope the jerk offs doing that has bad things happen to them.

If i had one wish I would wish that every oboma voter lost everything and moved to North Korea. OK im done, that's all folks.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:21 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Is any body as frustrated as I am? No Powder to buy!

Powder is cheap....always have much on hand!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Silver Member

Cabela's has Varget in 8 lb jugs...if you hurry
Old 06-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Bronze Member

In lehi?
Old 06-27-2013, 07:18 PM
Silver Member

You would think retailers like cabelas etc.. would put a stop to the hoarding do others can get what they need. Some stores have 2 box or 2pounds limit per person per day. If a store is just letting one or 2 people clean shelves makes me wonder how long they will be in bussiness. I need brass bullets everything and most places sold out. Don't plan on shooting .06 maybe rebuilding it. But ammo is available may have to rethink things a bit
Old 06-27-2013, 07:34 PM
Silver Member

One thing I have heard is that these stores have employees that call their friends to let them know when a shipment of powder, primers and bullets comes in. Then they are there before the store opens and raid the shipment.

Jason
Old 06-27-2013, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member

Powder is one of the only components I don't have any trouble getting. MY LGS has plenty of it on hand and only has a few powders that haven't returned to the shelves. I just grabbed a bottle of Varget which had been OOS for awhile. Most IMR, Hodgdon and RE powers are in stock.