Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

ANNOUNCING THE NOSLER E-TIP!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Platinum Member

Re: ANNOUNCING THE NOSLER E-TIP!!!!!!

Yah I dont know about them e-bullets. They dont seem to expand to well at lower velocities...Might not be to "long range friendly".

I"ll stick with the AB's for an all around bullet. I have no use for a bullet that retains 95% of its weight. That usually translates into a hard bullet that dont open up to well at long range. As can be seen from the advertisement photo.

Anyways, good for Nosler though for coming out with some competition for Barnes. I dont like Barnes. I hope Noslers aren't as expensive, that would be a good start.....
Old 04-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Platinum Member

if they come out with a 338 cal/ 260 gr i'd try it!
Old 04-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Gold Member

a 338 in 300gr with a high BC would be good aswell as long as they will open up at lower velocity around 100-1200fps impact velocity or else they will likly only be usefull to the short range shooter out to around 500 yards but i suppose that is what most will use them for.
I hope Nosler does not advertise them like the barnes and Failsafe projectiles were that it is now OK to use a 270 with the solid projectiles on large dangerous game like Bufalo like the Winchester release of the 270WSM here in Australia using them on Bufs their is no margin for error and using enough gun is always the prefered option.

Cheers Bill
Australia
Old 04-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Silver Member

POP, could you tell us the bullet's length??

LoadBase© Desktop & Mobile editions - the ballistics/reloading software solution
http://www.patagoniaballistics.com
Old 04-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Platinum Member

Gents:

All the stats, pix, etc are with the Nosler family for the formal unveiling of the e-tip in KC. They will receive the Golden Bullseye Award (I think that is the name) for John Nosler.

So when everything is back i will report.

Hey you guys knew more and before that the gunwriters did! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 04-15-2007, 04:23 PM
Platinum Member

They look like they might make great all around bullets. Finally, X-bullet toughness with a very good BC.

Unfortunately, I'm guessing their length will keep them from making heavier, higher BC bullets. They already won't make even a 250 grain 338 AccuBond, stating the length as the reason, much less a 300 grainer. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

So, I'm excited about them for all around use, great close range-toughness with pretty decent long range capabilities, but I don't see them as becoming the optimum choice for really long stuff.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member

Jon:

The Accubond line is still expanding as we speak. I have a feeling the 250 338 will not be too long now......