Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

ANNOUNCING THE NOSLER E-TIP!!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Gold Member

Re: ANNOUNCING THE NOSLER E-TIP!!!!!!

This bullet could be a nice shoulder blade buster at long range. A 338 cal 250 gr with high BC would be nice for the medium bore guys.

JD338
Old 04-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member

Very interesting. If they prove to be accurate, expand as indicated and DON"T foul bores unacceptably than Barnes has a big problem on their hands. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Gold Member

My vote is a 168 to 175 grain in 7mm.

When can I get some?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Bronze Member

+1 on the 168-175 7mm
Old 04-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Platinum Member

Yes, very interesting indeed. First Nosler copies Swift on the design of the scirocco and comes up with the Accubond which I think is the best all around game bullet ever and even surpasses the Scirocco in which it was similiar. Now they imitate the Barnes MRX which I thought was in it's own way a copy of the Accubond's design success mixed with traditional Barnes traits. So now we have a crossover Nosler bullet and a crossover Barnes bullet and more choices than ever. Seems the one to beat the other will be the one who produces cheaper bullets.
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:21 PM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, very interesting indeed. First Nosler copies Swift on the design of the scirocco and comes up with the Accubond which I think is the best all around game bullet ever and even surpasses the Scirocco in which it was similiar. Now they imitate the Barnes MRX which I thought was in it's own way a copy of the Accubond's design success mixed with traditional Barnes traits. So now we have a crossover Nosler bullet and a crossover Barnes bullet and more choices than ever. Seems the one to beat the other will be the one who produces cheaper bullets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. It appears Nosler will be in good, competitive shape if these are priced a little higher than Part.

Everything looks good to me, but I have one concern. Will this bullet be too "hard" to drive to Pt. or Acc. velocities, or is this copper/alloy mixture malable enough
to allow similar velocities?
Old 04-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Everything looks good to me, but I have one concern. Will this bullet be too "hard" to drive to Pt. or Acc. velocities, or is this copper/alloy mixture malable enough
to allow similar velocities?

[/ QUOTE ]

It appears that the 1800 fps impact velocity was not sufficient to open either bullet to what I would feel comfortable using. Perhaps these are short range bullets and not intended for anything further. If that is the case, I won't be trading in my white tips for od green!
Pull it
Dump it

If it's not far, it's boring.