Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Accubond or Swift Scirocco?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Bronze Member

Re: Accubond or Swift Scirocco?

Im planning on hunting antelope,I know 180 grn is a little heavy for antelope but its pretty windy over in eastern Montana and need a good bullet to buck the wind at long ranges.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:05 PM
Platinum Member

antelope, i'm shifting gears here,get the 178 a-max or SMK's.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Silver Member

Yep, I second dave. Now that you bring up possibly the smallest big game animal in North America I would have to say that there is absoloutely no need for a bonded bullet. Why not shoot a hallow point. Or better yet since you want a polymer tipped bullet go with the A-max.

Your looking too hard for the obvious and I would REALLY hope that you don't go with the swifts since they are so tough and an antelope is so fragile.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:42 PM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably not what you wanted to hear but I'd say shoot both and take the one that shoots the smallest group.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

me three. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

four [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Bronze Member

Jeepers!I just got scolded for mentioning using 190 SMKs in my 300 WSM over at the short magnum site,owell im probably going to get lit up here too LOL!!Anyways do you gentlemen think that my 300 wsm can handle those alright,unrelated to the antelope hunt ok.just a thought that arose.Thanks
Old 09-27-2005, 11:03 PM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
Jeepers!I just got scolded for mentioning using 190 SMKs in my 300 WSM over at the short magnum site,owell im probably going to get lit up here too LOL!!Anyways do you gentlemen think that my 300 wsm can handle those alright,unrelated to the antelope hunt ok.just a thought that arose.Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the cold shoulder for posting the velocities I was getting out of my 300 SAUM Sendero. They are a conservative bunch. LOL!

My Sendero has a tight chamber, but my Model 7 does not, and it has shot up to 200 grs just fine in my smaller case. Performance leaves a little to be desired, but it works.

Sorry about the hijaking! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 11:10 PM

Go with what your rifle shoots best, thus your confidence is maximized. I have used Scirocco’s for over a year with great success on deer and hogs. Recently I experimented with the TSX and it shoots smaller groups at higher velocities in my custom 270. I am going to switch over to the TSX this hunting season and experiment with the terminal ballistics.

Gig'Em
Jarret