Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

Accubond or Swift Scirocco?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2005, 11:46 PM
Bronze Member

Accubond or Swift Scirocco?

Im shooting a 300 WSM in my Tikka t3 light stainless and am torn between the two choices mentioned above,Im leaning twards the Swift Scirocco only because, 1. it was the first company to start the polymer tip craze 2. The 180 grain in the scirocco has a BC of .520 as opposed to the accubonds 507 I believe. anyways I think the swift bullet is longer and abit sleeker also,anyways some opinions if any of you gentlemen have any ,would be much apreciated.Thanks
Old 09-27-2005, 07:58 AM
SPONSOR

Re: Accubond or Swift Scirocco?

Probably not what you wanted to hear but I'd say shoot both and take the one that shoots the smallest group.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:15 AM
SPONSOR

I have looked at both bullets quite a bit and they are both serious machines. I think the scirrocco uses a VLD nose profile and ,I may be catching hell for this, I think the scirrocco is also a little tougher bullet.

I planned on using the scirroco on my moose hunt but of course the only thing I got a shot at was mosquitos.

I shot a 150gr scirocco from my 300 RUm into a 5" diameter cedar tree. The bullet passed straight through and nailed a sandstone wall behind the tree. I found the bullet on the ground by the rock wall and it had expanded to almost twice the original size and still held together. Now I know it lost some of its core because it was substantially lighter but still it was pretty impressive.

I am sure either one would do you great

Good Luck
Steve
"Products for shooters, by shooters"
1-800-522-3314
monday-friday 8:30-5:30 CST
Old 09-27-2005, 08:35 AM
Bronze Member

Thanks guys so far for the help,let me possibly recorrect myself, I dont know if swift was the first with the polymere tip,but defenitly know that they are the ones who pioneered the bonded bullet to polymere.Anyways I know that im just spliting hairs here and like the above mentioned,they both would suit me fine,But when I saw that the scirocco boasted one of the longest 180 grn hunting bullets in the industry and appears to be a bit heavier constructed, I just figured that along with the higher BC as well should make a really outstanding long range bullet.Thanks so far.Keep em coming if you can.
[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Gold Member

I would use the accubond if it shoots good. it is not as tough and would open up easier at extended ranges better. the swift is designed to retain 90+% weight where as the accubond 75-80%.

jm2c
Old 09-27-2005, 10:16 AM
Silver Member

[ QUOTE ]
Probably not what you wanted to hear but I'd say shoot both and take the one that shoots the smallest group.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

me three. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!