Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading


Reply

9mm & 45ACP Powder

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-12-2013, 05:37 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 198
9mm & 45ACP Powder

So what one powder would you all use to load 9mm & 45ACP?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-12-2013, 07:07 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: N.D.
Posts: 2,616
Re: 9mm & 45ACP Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous View Post
So what one powder would you all use to load 9mm & 45ACP?
accurate #7 would be a great start if both are on the menu.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sweet Home OR
Posts: 182
Re: 9mm & 45ACP Powder

I use win231 and hp38 for everything from 380 to 45 colt. They are the same powder. They work verywell in the 9mm the 40cal and the 45 acp.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northeast
Posts: 2,197
Re: 9mm & 45ACP Powder

I have used Unique for years with both for years with good success.
__________________

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Titusville, FL
Posts: 2
Re: 9mm & 45ACP Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
I use win231 and hp38 for everything from 380 to 45 colt. They are the same powder. They work verywell in the 9mm the 40cal and the 45 acp.
I like HP38 too, similar to Unique in speed but it flows better through my powder measure. Power Pistol is my other favorite for those days when you just need to make lots of noise.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-12-2013, 09:21 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sweet Home OR
Posts: 182
Re: 9mm & 45ACP Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centaur 1 View Post
I like HP38 too, similar to Unique in speed but it flows better through my powder measure. Power Pistol is my other favorite for those days when you just need to make lots of noise.
I use unique and power pistol as well but prefer hp38. Since the shortage thing going on I have used some other powder that I was able to come across. Titegroup and true blue seem to be good as well.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: N.D.
Posts: 2,616
Re: 9mm & 45ACP Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke View Post
I use unique and power pistol as well but prefer hp38. Since the shortage thing going on I have used some other powder that I was able to come across. Titegroup and true blue seem to be good as well.
shhh... don't tell them about true blue...
actually all the powders listed so far are good to great depending on what you want them to do. For full throttle heavy bullet pushing in the 9mm #7 is hard to beat. I had a ruger 9 mm years ago I could actually make major with using #7 and a 147 grain cast pill. I wouldn't feed it to a baretta so I won't list the load, but it was a book load and the ruger shot like a champ with it. I've noticed the accurate data to be a bit milder lately; probably for the open top frames out there in 9mm.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Current Poll
Are you on Facebook?
Yes - 46.66%
992 Votes
No - 19.00%
404 Votes
No, but I may join - 1.88%
40 Votes
No way, are you kidding? - 36.45%
775 Votes
Total Votes: 2,126
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC