Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

7wsm load data with superperformance?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2013, 11:16 PM
Silver Member

7wsm load data with superperformance?

Does anyone have any info on this topic? They have load data for .243wssm and .300wsm but nothing in between. I thought I would throw the question out there. I will call hodgdon tomarrow.
Old 09-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Silver Member

Re: 7wsm load data with superperformance?

I have loaded SuperPerformance in the 6mm Remington and regularly use 48 grains of it with 87 A-Max and 90 Berger VLDs.

I handload 6.5 WSM and 270 WSM. I have in the past loaded 270 Weatherby, 7mm Remington and 300 WSM.

The SuperPerformance powder would probably do great with 120gr and 130 gr bullets in your 7 WSM. It is way way way too fast for the 168 gr bullets. Check your burn rate chart. I believe that H-1000, Reloader 25 or Retumbo would fill the case and give you the best velocity and accuracy. Hodgdon does not list SuperPerformance for the 7mm WSM. That should be a clue.

SuperPerformance is very temperature sensitive ball powder.

A friend that I shoot with loads the 168 Bergers in his A-Bolt in 7mm Remington. He swears they are the most accurate bullets he has used.