close
Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Berger Bullets

7mm Rem Mag, new to reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 06-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mm Rem Mag, new to reloading

CBRADGO,

I would try either the bergers or the 162 A-Max if your going to try your hand at long range hunting......otherwise I would stick with the 160 accubond. In either case your going to have to listen to the gun and see what she likes. Not sure what part of the state your located in, but if you feel like driving to Mccomb I will gladly give you a crash course.......I have only blown one gun up.

I have most of the bullets your interested in and maybe I can save you a few bucks. There is no need to buy every possible bullet you may want to shoot. I am always willing to help out MDWFP members.

BTW listen to limbic on the 7RM he has been doing a bunch of loading for it lately.
    Unread 06-19-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eddybo View Post
    CBRADGO,

I would try either the bergers or the 162 A-Max if your going to try your hand at long range hunting......otherwise I would stick with the 160 accubond. In either case your going to have to listen to the gun and see what she likes. Not sure what part of the state your located in, but if you feel like driving to Mccomb I will gladly give you a crash course.......I have only blown one gun up.

I have most of the bullets your interested in and maybe I can save you a few bucks. There is no need to buy every possible bullet you may want to shoot. I am always willing to help out MDWFP members.

BTW listen to limbic on the 7RM he has been doing a bunch of loading for it lately.
    As soon as "outage season" is over I will do just that and make a trip. McComb isn't too far from Brandon and I may see if I can get Kevin and/or Zack to carpool with me and Limbic too if you want to go. Anyways, I've been wanting to contact you about some work on my M70 so we will definitely get together soon. I'm getting a nice collection of once fired brass thanks to my shooting addiction but may get some shiny new stuff as well. Thanks for your help, talk to you soon!

Last edited by CBRADGO; 06-19-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Unread 06-19-2009, 07:20 PM
    Silver Member

I can tell u what not to do!!!! Ha. Eddybo fo sho knows his stuff. Shoot me an email if you wanna shot around jxn or we can roll down to the " topisaw 767" and shoot with Eddybo.
    Unread 06-20-2009, 12:19 AM
    Platinum Member

Sounds good, looking forward to having yall come down.
    Unread 06-20-2009, 11:11 AM
    Platinum Member

from your post i can't tell if you are shooting targets or elk. or what gun or distance. my 700 adl shoots .6; with 69.5 h-4831 and 139 horn( norma horn rem and fed brass) ; rem 9 /12 and wlrm primers. my sendero shoots everything i have tried good. re-9 and re -22 ; 168 berger ; nosler brass. 9 1/2 m and wlrm primers,
    Unread 06-20-2009, 05:31 PM
    Gold Member

You can't go wrong with a 160 gr AB and RL 22 in your 7mm Rem Mag.

JD338
    Unread 06-21-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by roninflag View Post
    from your post i can't tell if you are shooting targets or elk. or what gun or distance. my 700 adl shoots .6; with 69.5 h-4831 and 139 horn( norma horn rem and fed brass) ; rem 9 /12 and wlrm primers. my sendero shoots everything i have tried good. re-9 and re -22 ; 168 berger ; nosler brass. 9 1/2 m and wlrm primers,
    Paper for now and whitetail come November, the elk population in MS is pretty thin. I'm shooting a bone stock Win M70 Black Shadow with DBM and a 26" barrel that I have GOT to clean. Went from gnat's eyelash trimmer to spray and pray. Two & a half boxes between cleanings will do that though...

EddyBo, if you don't mind and have some time, please see what you can come up with as far as "custom" treating this gun. I'd like a new stock but finding one to fit the M70 with a DBM is tough and I love the gun, the action, and especially the DBM. Don't want to rebarrel just yet but I'm sure that isn't far off, especially getting into this kind of shooting more seriously. I went out in 100 degree temps last week to punch paper with my brother in law in Columbus. That's when you know you have problems...