Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

7mm reloading

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Platinum Member

Re: 7mm reloading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom2live View Post
Umm explain why not
See the first part of my last post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Agree completely. You won't see 139 and 140 reaching 1K with as much energy. Whether it's faster or not it loses kinetic energy VERY fast and doesn't have the weight behind it to retain it at that distance. Which is WHY the 180's were invented in the first place...The heavier the bullet with the higher the BC, the better long-range capabilities it will have.

Yeah, whoever told you the 139 and 140's were better at long range than the 168's and 180's is a moron. I wouldn't listen to them ever again.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Silver Member

Although somewhat extreme think ping pong ball and golf ball....you may be able to throw the ping pong ball faster but what does that really accomplish???
Old 08-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Banned

Thanks everyone for your time in replying. . Some concrete quotes has been said
Old 08-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Banned

Also I am starting a new thread that needs some ideas on remmy drop in triggers, olease share your thoughts
Old 08-29-2013, 05:18 PM
Platinum Member

Jewell, Timney, or Jard will all be fine for the 700. And if your smith is good, an older style ( pre X-Mark) trigger can be tuned nice and crisp with low pull safely.

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Old 08-29-2013, 05:40 PM
Banned

Interesting
Old 08-29-2013, 06:24 PM
Platinum Member

I know well about the old styles. I've tuned alot of them myself. I've become quite handy with them. The X-Mark and X-Mark Pros are junk, in my opinion. Remington should have never strayed from the old style.

Also if you find a Remington 40-X trigger, that will be an excellent alternative.

Quote: