Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

7 Mag Brass ??? Which one

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Silver Member

Re: 7 Mag Brass ??? Which one

Great info and thanks. I am going to go with Win Brass and spend a little extra time on the case prep. I am lucky I bought my 215M primers when I did. I cannot find any out there.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Bronze Member

I use Winchester brass. Generally get 7-10 firings out of the brass before its shot. I have used Remington & it seems okay also. I always weight sort my brass & most of the time there is only 2-3 pieces that are over 4.5 grams difference. I have used Nosler brass on both my .270 & 7 mag. That brass is 100% garbage in my opinion. The primer pockets are blown out in 1-2 firings with the loads I regularly run Winchester brass 7-10. I had one on a second firing leave the primer in the action after I ran the bolt to eject the shell. I guess if a guy wanted to change their proven load & load them down they might work but that doesn't work for me. 69.5 grains h-1000 .024 off the lands Berger 180 fed 215 primer shoots awesome in the cpg 7rem mag.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Bronze Member

I used winchester nickel plated brass in my 30-06 for a year or so untill i could save some funds for some lapua brass. I was able to get around 10 loads on it as long as i annealed them every few loads or so. also the pockets never got loose I just figured it was time to toss them after ten loads. they were also very consistent in weight and h20 capcity compared to the standard winchester brass. oh ya and a lot easier to clean.