6mm AI Loads
Tyler, let me know how it works for you. I am getting ready to have a 6x284 built, and I will be using the 87grn V-Max too, for my varminting. I will be using a 30", 1-8.5 twist, Krieger barrel. I will also use the 105 and 107 grn VLD Bullets.
My last 6x284, with a 30" barrel, pushed the 87grn V-Max at 3730fps. I know that's hard on the barrel, however, it was awesome to watch when it connected with a squirrel. It was super accurate too, I shot many 3 shot groups at 100 yards in the .1's and low .2's. The load I used was as follows;
Powder-52.5grns of H4350
Primer-Federal 210 Match
If your interested, here are the specs on my new 6x284;
1. Action-Nesika Model L, 1.70 Diameter
2. Barrel-Krieger, 30", 1-8.5 twist, 1.450 Straight tapper
3. Stock-McMillan Tooley MBR, 5Lbs weight added to rear
4. Trigger-2oz Jewel
5. Vias Muzzle brake
6. Davison base with 20MOA
7. Kelby 30mm Rings
8. Nightforce 12x42x56mm NXS
9. Rifle will weight around 31 pounds
Anyhow, keep us informed on your load development.