Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading


Reply

6.5x284 BOW load

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #8  
Old 02-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northeast
Posts: 2,223
Re: 6.5x284 BOW load

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.O. Shooter View Post
Is this considered to be a hot load?
No, there are no pressure signs in my rifles. I get best accuracy seating .075" out of the lands. I mention working up the load only because a lot of people run Bergers into the lands and this could cause higher pressures.
__________________

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 4422′44″N 1082′35″W
Posts: 3,801
Re: 6.5x284 BOW load

Well you have to start somewhere, so thats a good point, I just wouldnt count on that specific starting point to be the best. I (and I think a lot of people do this) starts .010 off the lands (depending on magazine length and if they want to use it) It is very common for guns to like bullets close to the lands, or even in the lands. As far as wanting to use retumbo thats great, I was under the impression you wanted to duplicate the BOTW load not just use it as a starting point. I didnt see the point of replicating it. But sounds like your on the right path. Good luck!
__________________
Mike

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Northeast
Posts: 2,223
Re: 6.5x284 BOW load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
Well you have to start somewhere, so thats a good point, I just wouldnt count on that specific starting point to be the best. I (and I think a lot of people do this) starts .010 off the lands (depending on magazine length and if they want to use it) It is very common for guns to like bullets close to the lands, or even in the lands. As far as wanting to use retumbo thats great, I was under the impression you wanted to duplicate the BOTW load not just use it as a starting point. I didnt see the point of replicating it. But sounds like your on the right path. Good luck!
BOW has stated that they generally run .025" out of the lands with the load listed above,just in case someone did want to duplicate the load exactly.
__________________

"Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready"-T. Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-03-2012, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Redmond Or.
Posts: 2,527
Re: 6.5x284 BOW load

Man the title to this thread is VERY misleading! Bow vs. boTw...
I was really lookin forward to a "heres your sign" award type post. Not that anybody here would ever load an arrow with powder, & stuff a primer in with a rear facing bullet in front to touch it off on impact......
Man now I'm gonna be bummed ALL DAY cause of a typo
__________________
"Its not Rocket Surgery.....'
GOD,GUNS,&GUTTS MADE AMERICA, LETS KEEP ALL 3!winmag

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-03-2012, 11:52 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: 4422′44″N 1082′35″W
Posts: 3,801
Re: 6.5x284 BOW load

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Man the title to this thread is VERY misleading! Bow vs. boTw...
I was really lookin forward to a "heres your sign" award type post. Not that anybody here would ever load an arrow with powder, & stuff a primer in with a rear facing bullet in front to touch it off on impact......
Man now I'm gonna be bummed ALL DAY cause of a typo
Dont be bummed, there are still plenty of idiots out there, turn on the news!
__________________
Mike

Anything less than overkill is underachievement!

" Real elk guns start with the number 3 or bigger and blow two holes, one in and one out." - My Dad
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Redmond Or.
Posts: 2,527
Re: 6.5x284 BOW load

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkamike View Post
Dont be bummed, there are still plenty of idiots out there, turn on the news!
But I never made the news.......
__________________
"Its not Rocket Surgery.....'
GOD,GUNS,&GUTTS MADE AMERICA, LETS KEEP ALL 3!winmag

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: 6.5x284 BOW load
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Retumbo for a 6.5x284 load bloomqmx Long Range Hunting & Shooting 4 07-19-2011 07:37 PM
Needed 6.5x284 deer load markb1951 Reloading 26 04-25-2011 12:34 AM
6.5-06 vs 6.5x284 radnur22 Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics 16 03-15-2011 10:11 PM
6.5x284 with 130 accubond need load tjonh2001 Reloading 1 10-19-2009 10:00 PM
6.5x284 win JOWEL Rifles, Bullets, Barrels and Ballistics 4 10-31-2008 09:45 PM

Current Poll
Do you wear hearing protection while hunting?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC