Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

338 lm ai

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 10:49 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 338 lm ai

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone Hunter View Post
Hi
I am a new member. I own 2 338 Lapua rifles light barrel, not a "ai" my question for you is, are you planning on hunting with your Berger bullets? I am considering making a switch to Berger but have been a Barnes fan. I just purchased some 280gr LRX Boattail Barnes with a .667 BC - need to find a load for this new projectile.

My question regarding the Berger - "Are you planning on using this for hunting" I am concerned about self defence, I spend a lot of time in Grizzly country in Northern BC and if one were to charge, would the bullet have a high chance of exploding on the skull or some other bone and not kill it. I know the Berger is a better flying bullet better BC, just very concerned about 20 yard charging Grizz ...

T Bone Hunter
When I had lighter calibers, I packed 2 different bullets. Have one for close up,can me in mag and change position. I shoot the otm, in a Norma,But may try the hunter for the longer 1000+ since it has a thinner jacket. I blew a fist sized hole in a 6x6 in a tight timber shot. A 300 grn. bullet out of the super mags is not really a normal hunting round,at least never use to be.