Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

300wm loaders help me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Bronze Member

Re: 300wm loaders help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane1 View Post
I'm currently using this beast as my tactical comp gun shooting it suppressed. Bad time to send it out for set back, only other gun I have is custom 308 thats great but the 300 is a serious cheat when shooting wind with 210 berger or 208 amax's. Who would you guys send the bolt to for m16 extractor that isn't back logged a year? It needs that done regardless of barrel set back or re-barrel, polish or diff sizing technique. By the way you guys are really good bunch of guys helping me out. Your all top notch in my book, I would be honored to shoot with anyone of you if your ever in the blackfoot idaho area give me a hauler, thanks again, Shane.

I recently received a Remington Bolt with a Tubb M16 Extractor installed by the guys at Superior Tactical Solutions out of KY. Bolt is finished nicely and appears as if bolt was orig designed for this, ill give him a call and PM you more information if you'd like. Shot a match the other month with a .308 and after 45mph+ winds, I was wishing I brought the 300...

Last edited by BGE541; 04-29-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Extractor type
Old 04-29-2013, 01:59 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGE541 View Post
I recently received a Remington Bolt with a Tubb Sako Extractor installed by the guys at Superior Tactical Solutions out of KY. Bolt is finished nicely and appears as if bolt was orig designed for this, ill give him a call and PM you more information if you'd like. Shot a match the other month with a .308 and after 45mph+ winds, I was wishing I brought the 300...

please do and did you have to mess with headspace when changing the bolt?
Old 04-29-2013, 02:20 PM
Bronze Member

Shane1,
I had the same problem with reloads that I felt was at a starting load, changed bullets, powder, did my case work and problem was still there.

So I took rifle to my smith and he polished the chamber for $40.00, problem solved, shoots great now.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:39 PM
Silver Member

Just a note on dies- I measured the amount my FL dies set my cases shoulder back and it was over .020". That amount of resizing I felt was excessive so I set the dies up to only bump the shoulder about .003 now.

You may want to measure how far back the shoulders are being bumped. I use a 40 S&W case to check it.

I use the Innovative Collet die when the cases get snug or when I make sure-fire hunting ammo. I FL size all the time.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:53 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane1 View Post
please do and did you have to mess with headspace when changing the bolt?
Shane,

PM Sent. Nope the headspace remaining the same as with the Mini 16 extractor the lugs arent touched so all remains normal. The Mini 16 allows the extractor to be placed close to the lug for optimal "bite" on case and smooth extraction and angle. 15 Day turn around aswell...
Old 04-29-2013, 02:59 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGE541 View Post
Shane,

PM Sent. Nope the headspace remaining the same as with the Mini 16 extractor the lugs arent touched so all remains normal. The Mini 16 allows the extractor to be placed close to the lug for optimal "bite" on case and smooth extraction and angle. 15 Day turn around aswell...

I mis-understood I thought you got a replacement bolt, sorry.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:02 PM
Bronze Member

Not a problem, those can be done as well... but barrelled action would be needed for that.