Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

300wm loaders help me

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2013, 12:34 PM
Silver Member

Re: 300wm loaders help me

You could set the barrel back and have the chamber recut.
Doing so solves all of your brass and extraction problems.
I did that to my old VLS in 308 and it shoots with any rifle now.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:39 PM
Silver Member

I thought your original problem was that you could not re-chamber a fired case without it sticking.......you should solve this issue first before getting side tracked by reloading die reccomendations.

I would have someone take a hard look at your chamber and replace th extractor, once you can cycle a fired case then make die adjustments as necessary, if you keep changing to many variables you'll never nail the issue.

I use redding competetion bushing dies in mine, it has a tight chamber and I had to full length resize once fired brass from my last barrel before they would chamber but now I can only neck size without issue.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:59 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwinner View Post
I thought your original problem was that you could not re-chamber a fired case without it sticking.......you should solve this issue first before getting side tracked by reloading die reccomendations.

I would have someone take a hard look at your chamber and replace th extractor, once you can cycle a fired case then make die adjustments as necessary, if you keep changing to many variables you'll never nail the issue.

I use redding competetion bushing dies in mine, it has a tight chamber and I had to full length resize once fired brass from my last barrel before they would chamber but now I can only neck size without issue.

You are correct I can't rechamber a fired case.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:01 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-man View Post
You could set the barrel back and have the chamber recut.
Doing so solves all of your brass and extraction problems.
I did that to my old VLS in 308 and it shoots with any rifle now.

I think this would take care of the problem for sure, I was hoping there was a cheaper route with maybe minimal polishing or something before having to set back and rechamber.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:03 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane1 View Post
I think this would take care of the problem for sure, I was hoping there was a cheaper route with maybe minimal polishing or something before having to set back and rechamber.

Im willing to bet you could find a factory take off barrel for close to the same price if not less then a cut, thread, re-chamber ect.... just my .02.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane1 View Post
I was hoping there was a cheaper route with maybe minimal polishing or something before having to set back and rechamber.
Amen, or a simple new extractor.

Jeff
Old 04-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Silver Member

I'm currently using this beast as my tactical comp gun shooting it suppressed. Bad time to send it out for set back, only other gun I have is custom 308 thats great but the 300 is a serious cheat when shooting wind with 210 berger or 208 amax's. Who would you guys send the bolt to for m16 extractor that isn't back logged a year? It needs that done regardless of barrel set back or re-barrel, polish or diff sizing technique. By the way you guys are really good bunch of guys helping me out. Your all top notch in my book, I would be honored to shoot with anyone of you if your ever in the blackfoot idaho area give me a hauler, thanks again, Shane.