Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

300 win.mag bullets

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2005, 05:43 PM
Platinum Member

Re: 300 win.mag bullets

Pop ,veeery nice! At this stage everyone has me ready to load up some 200 accubonds and 200 smk's and se what happens .BTW , I see you live in what I consider to be the best western state for riflemen.Ooops! I just might catch some flak on that one [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].....jimm
Old 02-08-2005, 09:29 AM
Platinum Member

[ QUOTE ]
Pop ,veeery nice! At this stage everyone has me ready to load up some 200 accubonds and 200 smk's and se what happens .BTW , I see you live in what I consider to be the best western state for riflemen.Ooops! I just might catch some flak on that one [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img].....jimm

[/ QUOTE ]

NOt to blow sunshine up my own ....you know....I agree. I love Wyoming!

Try the AB's you will love them!
Old 02-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member

Pop,, can you post some pix of the places you like to hunt? .....I should probably start a new thread/different forum for this [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Well!!! ,I just love that country. I even got ( almost! arrested by the sheriff of carbon county)Check out the pix at longrange hunting. see ya , jimm
Old 02-08-2005, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member

Sakofan,...ditto on the powders. BUUUUUT! , i'M going to break out of the mold and try some new ones.. Slow as I am though it will take a while. however, that is not to say that it wont happen. Velocity is cool, however, accuracy is paramount. my regards, jimm
Old 02-09-2005, 12:38 AM
Platinum Member

POP,
That is an enviable group at 300 yards. Very nice, I will eventually try the Nosler Accubond one of these days. I have heard mighty good things about them. Have you tried using Hodgdon Retumbo powder with Accubond? I understand that Hodgdon Powder is less affected by weather changes.

-----------------------------
HEBREWS 13:8
Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Our Lord Jesus said that as it was in the days of Noah and
also as it was in the days of Lot so it shall be in the days...
It's happening again!!! God sent to us His prophet, and His Word
to this generation and we once more are rejecting it as was prophesied!!!

---> As promised, God Sent His Prophet to us!
Old 02-09-2005, 11:58 PM
Bronze Member

[ QUOTE ]
I have a custom win mod 70 and I changed out the magazine block to one for the 375 H&H and I cut the bolt stop back. Now I can seat to 3.57". HUGE benefit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking of doing the same.

What velocity increase are you getting? Or what velocities are you getting with 180gr or 200gr. bullets?
Old 02-10-2005, 07:47 PM
Silver Member

I have not clocked the 180s, but with the old 26" barrel I was getting 2900 from 200 grain bullets. I would assume my new 28" broughton would do a touch better. I extended the magazine simply so i could seat to the lands while still feed from the magazine. Yes there is an added benefit of more case capacity, but I tried loading with H1000 which filled the case, but my rifle did not like it. Still liked the H4831, but I started seeing pressure signs only 1 grain above listed max in manuals, so i gained very little velocity with that load. I think I could have gotten it a bit higher with a full load of H1000 if the gun had liked it. Guns have a mind of their own. You can't tell them what to like.