Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading


Reply

300 wby load data??

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-26-2013, 09:01 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Helena, MT
Posts: 780
300 wby load data??

Hey guys I just bought a 300 wby and I'm trying to find a good load using any of these for powder:

H1000
Retumbo
Imr 7828 ssc

And any if these bullets:

Berger vld 185
Berger vld 190
Berger vld 210
Hornady Amax 208

Anything to get me started in the right direction would be awesome and greatly appreciated!

500mag
__________________
My dear boy if 5 miles away they don't sit up in their beds and ask what the HELL was that, the gun is not big enough!

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-26-2013, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 6,314
Re: 300 wby load data??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500mag_guy View Post
Hey guys I just bought a 300 wby and I'm trying to find a good load using any of these for powder:

H1000
Retumbo
Imr 7828 ssc

And any if these bullets:

Berger vld 185
Berger vld 190
Berger vld 210
Hornady Amax 208

Anything to get me started in the right direction would be awesome and greatly appreciated!

500mag
Consider yourself lucky, b/c my Berger manual came in today...

DO NOT start with the max load.....Work your way up to it 1/2 a grain at a time. Just trying to help you incase you are new to reloading.

These are the starting and max loads my Berger manual lists for each weight bullets.

185 VLD:

H1000 - Starting: 75.0....Max: 83.5
Retumbo - Not Listed
Imr 7828 ssc - Starting: 72.5....Max: 78.7

190 VLD:

H1000 - Starting: 75.0....Max: 83.3
Retumbo - Starting: 78.0....Max: 84.5
Imr 7828 ssc - Starting: 72.5....Max: 78.2

210 VLD:

H1000 - Starting: 76.5.....Max: 80.5
Retumbo - Starting: 77.5....Max: 81.5
Imr 7828 ssc - Starting: 71.5....Max: 75.2

Hornady 208 A-Max - My Hornady 9th Edition manual doesn't list the .208 A-Max for the .300 Wby Mag. Sorry.

Hope the rest of this helps.
__________________
"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns..." - Bob Lee Swagger

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-26-2013, 10:42 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Helena, MT
Posts: 780
Re: 300 wby load data??

Your awesome man!

Really appreciate it and will hopefully be able to start some loading...

Sometimes I hate how picky I am with my accuracy it can really burn a guy out on reloading lol just got done with my 308 and thought I was in the clear for a while then bang new gun....

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudRunner2005 View Post
Consider yourself lucky, b/c my Berger manual came in today...

DO NOT start with the max load.....Work your way up to it 1/2 a grain at a time. Just trying to help you incase you are new to reloading.

These are the starting and max loads my Berger manual lists for each weight bullets.

185 VLD:

H1000 - Starting: 75.0....Max: 83.5
Retumbo - Not Listed
Imr 7828 ssc - Starting: 72.5....Max: 78.7

190 VLD:

H1000 - Starting: 75.0....Max: 83.3
Retumbo - Starting: 78.0....Max: 84.5
Imr 7828 ssc - Starting: 72.5....Max: 78.2

210 VLD:

H1000 - Starting: 76.5.....Max: 80.5
Retumbo - Starting: 77.5....Max: 81.5
Imr 7828 ssc - Starting: 71.5....Max: 75.2

Hornady 208 A-Max - My Hornady 9th Edition manual doesn't list the .208 A-Max for the .300 Wby Mag. Sorry.

Hope the rest of this helps.
__________________
My dear boy if 5 miles away they don't sit up in their beds and ask what the HELL was that, the gun is not big enough!

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-30-2013, 01:20 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alaska
Posts: 338
Re: 300 wby load data??

Really had good luck with Reloader 25 in my Weatherby 300
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-30-2013, 01:29 PM
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Helena, MT
Posts: 780
Re: 300 wby load data??

Have you noticed any temperature sensitivity with rl-25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaska View Post
Really had good luck with Reloader 25 in my Weatherby 300
__________________
My dear boy if 5 miles away they don't sit up in their beds and ask what the HELL was that, the gun is not big enough!

Riley: "Biggest fail of 2014 so far..."
http://www.longrangehunting.com/foru...72/index4.html
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-30-2013, 02:01 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Custer, Michigan
Posts: 88
Re: 300 wby load data??

I ran some loads using the 210 VLD with the powders you had posted up (to include the RL#25 that was suggested)

The best performance out of all of them turned out to be the IMR with the RL#25 taking 2nd place.

Here's the readout for the IMR powder:



Hope this helps you some,...
__________________
Shoot Straight and Stay Safe!

Terry Webster

Life Member NRA
RMEF Sponsoring Member
SCI Member
NAHC Life Member
NAFC Life Member
Thunder Bay Steelheaders
US Army - SGT. 1970-72 1st/327th -101st AB
Viet-Nam Veteran
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-30-2013, 08:02 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 36
Re: 300 wby load data??

Is there a certain die set that is best for the .300 wby? Anyone know where i can get a used set or a new place to buy my reloading supplies online the closest place for me is about an hour away or more.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC