Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading


Reply

30-378 reloading questions

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9
30-378 reloading questions

I have been reloading for 30-378 for a few years now, I have been using the RCBS FL dies. I just switch to Redding Type S Bushing, my question is what size bushing works the best for you guys? I will be using Berger 210 VDL. Also any other feed back on the use of the Type S would be greatly appreciated.Lastly titanium or steel? Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-27-2011, 06:26 PM
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Roanoke Va
Posts: 45
Re: 30-378 reloading questions

You have any loads made up using Rotumbo powder? My buddy has a 30-378 and has a bunch of 210 VLD he's like to load.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9
Re: 30-378 reloading questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflester View Post
You have any loads made up using Rotumbo powder? My buddy has a 30-378 and has a bunch of 210 VLD he's like to load.
I have used Retumbo in the past and had great results.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-27-2011, 09:24 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 178
Re: 30-378 reloading questions

I use a bushing die in a different caliber, I think it would be best to measure your fired cases and go from there. Brass will vary some, and it depends if you turn your necks. I think most people say 2 or 3 thou less than the outside of your fired case. I would suggest to have a few sizes so you can play with it a bit and see what it likes, switching bullets might make a difference too. A heavy recoiling gun may need some more tension as well.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9
Re: 30-378 reloading questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose View Post
I use a bushing die in a different caliber, I think it would be best to measure your fired cases and go from there. Brass will vary some, and it depends if you turn your necks. I think most people say 2 or 3 thou less than the outside of your fired case. I would suggest to have a few sizes so you can play with it a bit and see what it likes, switching bullets might make a difference too. A heavy recoiling gun may need some more tension as well.
Sounds great, any idea whats better steel or titanium bushings ? Thanks for the input Goose.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-29-2011, 03:03 PM
B23 B23 is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Spokane, Wa.
Posts: 930
Re: 30-378 reloading questions

I have both, I use both and I always lube both. Take your pick, I don't think it much matters either way but I wouldn't use either without lubing the necks. But, that's just me.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9
Re: 30-378 reloading questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by B23 View Post
I have both, I use both and I always lube both. Take your pick, I don't think it much matters either way but I wouldn't use either without lubing the necks. But, that's just me.
Thank you very much for the feed back. Do you reload for 30-378? If so what grain?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: 30-378 reloading questions
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions about reloading Dragon Reloading 7 01-19-2011 04:21 PM
Reloading Questions Nikolakangrga Reloading Equipment and Components 2 07-18-2009 08:09 AM
LC 223 Reloading Questions SES50 Reloading 4 03-15-2008 02:30 AM
Reloading Questions regarding Max loads wildcat Reloading 12 10-26-2006 01:45 PM
A few reloading questions Reloading 4 01-27-2005 08:59 PM

Current Poll
Do you watch outdoor shows live or by recording them?
Always recorded - 13.34%
109 Votes
Mostly recorded - 24.24%
198 Votes
Sometimes recorded - 14.20%
116 Votes
Rarely or never recorded - 48.23%
394 Votes
Total Votes: 817
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC