Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

.280 AI controversy explained ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Platinum Member

Re: .280 AI controversy explained ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawn View Post
no Im a full vote for "no problems because I simply dont have any after many years and 1500 odd rounds. Actually it could be 3 from me given the others Iv dealt with and it would be 4 but I'm not sure what reamer Kimber claim to use in their 280ai.
I just don't have a firm opinion on the difference yet.But Im still digging

I voted for my "FREEDOM", "GUNS", and "MONEY" - keep the change - UNK.

"I am always proud of my country!"

"Leadership Rule #2: Don't be an @zzhole." - Maj Gen Burton Field.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Platinum Member

The very first video shows that there are two head space gauges, but when the originator of the video used both gauges, reamed and set two chambers, one with each gauge he could then swap gauges and have the same head space.

Bottom line if you stick a loaded round in your chamber it would not hurt to check the head space before pulling the trigger, AI, factory or Wildcat. I take a head space gauge with me to buy a factory rifle and it's served me well, some of the factory rifle are head spaced horribly!!!!
Old 08-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Gold Member

14 pages of debates about a subject that isn't debatable. This is real simple. All you have to do is look at the reamer specs. Are they different or are they the same. That's one of the good things about numbers.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
14 pages of debates about a subject that isn't debatable. This is real simple. All you have to do is look at the reamer specs. Are they different or are they the same. That's one of the good things about numbers.
Thanks Edd.

I like one liners.

J E CUSTOM
Old 08-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Gold Member

Here's a one-liner, if there are 2 different go gauges, then how can they have the same headspace?
Old 08-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woods View Post
Here's a one-liner, if there are 2 different go gauges, then how can they have the same headspace?
Because one go-gauge is 0.014" longer so they both zero-out in their own respective chambers... That's how you can have 2 different go-gauges.

Here's a mind-blower...There's 2 different reamers, die sets, and you're not gonna believe this.....Even 2 different No-Go Gauges, too!

"Give me a minute...I'm good. Give me an hour...I'm great. Give me 6 months...And I'm unbeatable." - Col. Hannibal Smith

Ignore everything I say, because I have a reading comprehension and memory problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildRose View Post
The 284 is to the STW what a tricycle is to a Ninja.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:14 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
That's great , So you have an answer to my questions in post 74 then? Because so far every time I ask them everyone clams up.
Ill even put the link up again.
https://gunsmithtalk.wordpress.com/2...eadspace-test/