Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

.260 Rem. & Superformance Powder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 05:52 AM
Silver Member

Re: .260 Rem. & Superformance Powder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
Thats EXACTLY what I was alluding to. Ive been told by people in the business that powder for RESALE never was the same stuff as in "factory" ammo.
Sullu2, Maybe it isn't the same as they load in factory loads. I'm looking at the CM cartridge (which is close to the 260). If someone were to back off the max load of the CM,would it not at least be possible to start there? I only asked if someone has tried it. I did not intend to ruffle any feathers. As far as your comment about "dunderheads" goes i personally think it was poor judgement on your part to resort to a statement like that. Everyone has a question from time to time as well as i'm sure you do.We are all adults here. Lets not resort to profiling anyone who asks a simple question. My mom always said if you can't be nice , be quiet.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:42 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sargesniper View Post
Sullu2, Maybe it isn't the same as they load in factory loads. I'm looking at the CM cartridge (which is close to the 260). If someone were to back off the max load of the CM,would it not at least be possible to start there? I only asked if someone has tried it. I did not intend to ruffle any feathers. As far as your comment about "dunderheads" goes i personally think it was poor judgement on your part to resort to a statement like that. Everyone has a question from time to time as well as i'm sure you do.We are all adults here. Lets not resort to profiling anyone who asks a simple question. My mom always said if you can't be nice , be quiet.
I cant really say Sarge. I do know that one must have a certain amount of chamber pressure for proper burning...and if ya dont get it you can get into BAD trouble real quick.

As far as the last part of your post I wont even comment because its not up to YOU to "judge" what I may post UNLESS what I might have posted was absolutely incorrect...Basically...I dont care what your MOMMA said!
( And BTW Rosco...the dunderhead I referred to was a sniper whos intent was to drag me out into an argument...nothing more. Guess I should have referred to him as an A***OLE by name....then no confusion with the rest of the paranoids on the BB)

Last edited by Sully2; 01-13-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:59 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweek1142 View Post
I have tried this in my 300wsm but its really really dirty...has anyone else experienced how dirty it is?
I tried h100V in a 7 SAUM, it was very dirty until I upped the load then it cleaned up and wasn't any different than other powders
Old 01-13-2013, 01:14 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully2 View Post
I cant really say Sarge. I do know that one must have a certain amount of chamber pressure for proper burning...and if ya dont get it you can get into BAD trouble real quick.

As far as the last part of your post I wont even comment because its not up to YOU to "judge" what I may post UNLESS what I might have posted was absolutely incorrect...Basically...I dont care what your MOMMA said!
( And BTW Rosco...the dunderhead I referred to was a sniper whos intent was to drag me out into an argument...nothing more. Guess I should have referred to him as an A***OLE by name....then no confusion with the rest of the paranoids on the BB)
I can tell you do not intend to be helpful or civil to the rest of us so i will leave you to wallow in your glory. Or misery, whichever it may be. You did get one thing right though. I was a sniper in 1966. May have been before your time. Only guessing. .............SEMPER FI.