Re: 25-06 case seperation problem
Sounds like sizing die is bumping the shoulder too much, causing a headspace problem. This is usually caused by the size die being set too close to the shellholder.
One method for properly adjusting the size die is:
1. Remove the striker assy. from your bolt, then reinstall the bolt body into the rifle.
2. Screw the size die into the press, leave about 3/32 inch space between the bottom of the die and the top of the shell holder.
3. Size a case, then try the case in the rifle (usually, the bolt will NOT close on this case)
4. Adjust the size die closer to the shell holder in small increments, size a case (use the same case if you want), trying the case each time in the chamber until the bolt will close on the sized case with just a little resistance.
5. Normally, this will give you the fit between case shoulder and chamber that you want. You will be headspacing on the shoulder, even if the case has a belt.