Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading

.243 AI 107 smks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Platinum Member

.243 AI 107 smks

I have been working on a low sd combo for this rifle for a while ( GA Precision , Schneider bbled 26" 7.5 twist sako action )

I think i am getting close [image][/image] I realize that it takes a lot of rounds chronoed to develop a true sd number . However if ten rounds don't get any better than a certain number I suspect that add'l rounds will not either . This load is giving 2 to 4 sd numbers at this point , as I said testing is ongoing . I will post results as they are available .( see Bob and Roy , I told you I was busy , [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] need a sticking out the tongue guy at this point I think Roy )

I realize that this group is not a big deal for many here but for me it is a the result of a year of effort and I am a giggling 55 year old man ( unlike Roy and Buffalobob who are wheezing " I can't count that high " ooold men , oh yeah ss7mm is also in that company [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )Aged and flatulent individuals ( read " old farts " )

p.s. Those squares are 1"
Old 01-30-2006, 09:26 AM
SPONSOR

Re: .243 AI 107 smks

Let us know when you find a load that will shoot!!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:10 AM
Official LRH Sponsor

Looks like your on the right track, a bit more testing and that rifle may actually start shooting [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]!!

All kidding asside, a 1/2" class group at 300 yards is good in anyones book!! Congrats, I would stop burning up barrel life and head out to longer ranges and have fun!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Allen Precision Shooting
Home of the Allen Magnum, Allen Xpress and Allen Tactical Wildcats and the Painkiller Muzzle brakes.

Farther, Faster and Flatter then ever before.

Web Page: www.apsrifles.com

allenmagnum@gmail.com
Old 01-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Platinum Member

Jimm:

Hey Jim...........It's probably just that cheap chronograph you're using now that's giving you those weird, low, numbers. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

All kidding aside, that's pretty good shooting for an "old fart". [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Here's a couple in case you need them.

I agree with what Kirby says. Quit messing around at those offhand ranges and start shooting that little thing at some serious distances and have some real fun. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2006, 05:38 PM
Platinum Member

Dick

you are contributing to the delinquincy of a juvenile by giving him more cartoons.

Now that he has a tiny group to post he is going to be impossible to live with.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:06 PM
Platinum Member

OK OK OK Roy ,

here is a bit further group [image][/image] and could you email me the little tongue sticking out guys ? I can't seem to get them any other way ( purty please [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )
Old 01-31-2006, 10:28 AM
Platinum Member

Sorry Dick,

Just noticed I typed "Roy " in response to your post . [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

excuse 1. the wife distracted me

" 2. the venison steaks were
burning on the grill

" 3. mental illness

Now that I've thought about it some more it was probably because I would expect such a post from Roy ! Now I know ........... there is a fourth "musket"teer [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Jim B.