Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading


Reply

190 Bergers and 300 WM Sendero

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-25-2011, 12:12 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Petal, Ms
Posts: 114
190 Bergers and 300 WM Sendero

Couple of Questions for the guys using 190 grain bergers in a Sendero 300WM.

1. What type powder and how far off of lands for best accuracy?
2. Is there any problems with the bullet being so long when bolting a round from magizine?
3. What type accuracy are you getting at 100 yards?

Thanks,

Tony
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-25-2011, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 3,144
Re: 190 Bergers and 300 WM Sendero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSE39465 View Post
Couple of Questions for the guys using 190 grain bergers in a Sendero 300WM.

1. What type powder and how far off of lands for best accuracy?
2. Is there any problems with the bullet being so long when bolting a round from magizine?
3. What type accuracy are you getting at 100 yards?

Thanks,

Tony

1. Based on some quick internet searching, your go-to powder looks like RL25. In terms of how far off the lands for best accuracy, read this: Getting the Best Precision and Accuracy from Berger VLD bullets in Your Rifle

2. You should not have any problem feeding a round from the magazine as long as it will fit in the magazine.

3. 100 yard accuracy does not tell you much. You will be better off shooting 200 or 300 yards to make an assessment of accuracy. Not to be too abrupt, but it doesn't really matter what accuracy others are getting. The 300win mag is capable to great accuracy. As a benchmark, good accuracy is .5moa or better.
__________________
I'm not gonna shoot here. I'm gonna shoot waaaaaaaay over there!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-25-2011, 03:47 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Petal, Ms
Posts: 114
Re: 190 Bergers and 300 WM Sendero

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebark View Post
1. Based on some quick internet searching, your go-to powder looks like RL25. In terms of how far off the lands for best accuracy, read this: Getting the Best Precision and Accuracy from Berger VLD bullets in Your Rifle

2. You should not have any problem feeding a round from the magazine as long as it will fit in the magazine.

3. 100 yard accuracy does not tell you much. You will be better off shooting 200 or 300 yards to make an assessment of accuracy. Not to be too abrupt, but it doesn't really matter what accuracy others are getting. The 300win mag is capable to great accuracy. As a benchmark, good accuracy is .5moa or better.
Thanks Trebark for the info. Only thing now is getting my hands on some reloading data.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Townsend, Montana.
Posts: 7,734
Re: 190 Bergers and 300 WM Sendero

H-1000

I choose 210 bergers. But you will need to fine tune seaing depth for your rifle. I start at .040"

Mag box no problem.

I don't shoot at 100 much, but .75 moa is doable pretty easy with a little bedding, trigger work and a brake.

Jeff
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-25-2011, 04:14 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Falls Church, VA
Posts: 3,144
Re: 190 Bergers and 300 WM Sendero

Broz advice on H1000 is a good one. H1000 is far more temp stable than RL25.

For reloading data, contact Berger directly and they will email their data to you. Their data is heavily vetted by a lawyer, so you will find that it is a bit lighter than what you will find in other places. It's a good starting point though.

Here are two good internet sources...

308_7

Sniper's Hide Reloading Depot - Sniper's Hide Forums
__________________
I'm not gonna shoot here. I'm gonna shoot waaaaaaaay over there!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: SOCIALIST CONTROLLED TERRITORY OF NEW YORK
Posts: 4,388
Re: 190 Bergers and 300 WM Sendero

I run the 185 VLD in my 300 win mag H1000, CCI BR2 primers in Nosler brass. Standard rem mag box no issues and I do the seating depth test as out lined in this artical.

Optimizing Precision And Accuracy From VLD Bullets
__________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
If you want to shoot Bergers start here!
http://www.longrangehunting.com/arti...accuracy-1.php
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-26-2011, 06:14 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Petal, Ms
Posts: 114
Re: 190 Bergers and 300 WM Sendero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
I run the 185 VLD in my 300 win mag H1000, CCI BR2 primers in Nosler brass. Standard rem mag box no issues and I do the seating depth test as out lined in this artical.

Optimizing Precision And Accuracy From VLD Bullets
185 was my first choice. I noticed there was a recommended twist rate listed on there website. My Sendero has a 1 in 10 twist and I was worried that a 185 would not stabilize in my rifle. The whitetail in my area are small and a smaller grain bullet would be a better choice. Just didn't know if my rifle will shot them properly?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: 190 Bergers and 300 WM Sendero
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB 338 300 gr Bergers or SMK Idaho Sawyer Reloading Equipment and Components 4 03-23-2011 08:15 AM
WTB 150 gr Bergers for 270 cal. yote doctor Reloading Equipment and Components 2 05-08-2010 08:50 PM
WTT: 168gr Bergers for 180gr Bergers longrange.270 Reloading Equipment and Components 0 07-31-2009 09:29 PM
30-378 And Bergers TCKev Reloading 1 11-12-2008 12:27 AM
210 bergers in a stock Sendero II .300RUM justgoharder Reloading 6 07-25-2008 06:44 PM

Current Poll
In the last 12 months, what was your longest rifle kill on big game?
0 to 200 yards - 25.94%
1,526 Vote
201 to 400 yards - 32.16%
1,892 Vote
401 to 600 yards - 23.07%
1,357 Vote
601 to 800 yards - 9.99%
588 Votes
801 to 1,000 yards - 3.91%
230 Votes
Over 1,000 yards - 4.93%
290 Votes
Total Votes: 5,883
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC