Originally Posted by MOOSE39465
Couple of Questions for the guys using 190 grain bergers in a Sendero 300WM.
1. What type powder and how far off of lands for best accuracy?
2. Is there any problems with the bullet being so long when bolting a round from magizine?
3. What type accuracy are you getting at 100 yards?
1. Based on some quick internet searching, your go-to powder looks like RL25. In terms of how far off the lands for best accuracy, read this: Getting the Best Precision and Accuracy from Berger VLD bullets in Your Rifle
2. You should not have any problem feeding a round from the magazine as long as it will fit in the magazine.
3. 100 yard accuracy does not tell you much. You will be better off shooting 200 or 300 yards to make an assessment of accuracy. Not to be too abrupt, but it doesn't really matter what accuracy others are getting. The 300win mag is capable to great accuracy. As a benchmark, good accuracy is .5moa or better.