Long Range Hunting Online Magazine


Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Rifles, Reloading, Optics, Equipment > Reloading

Reloading Techniques For Reloading


Reply

180gr 300WSM loads? favorites?

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #50  
Old 09-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 177
Re: 180gr 300WSM loads? favorites?

Wow, I would be okay with that! Great shooting!
__________________
SEMPER FI
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 09-18-2012, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tucson Az
Posts: 1,095
Re: 180gr 300WSM loads? favorites?

Winmag,

I read the entire thread. You never mentioned the hunt in Aug in Hell's Canyon . It is now Sept so what happened?
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-18-2012, 07:19 AM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Redmond Or.
Posts: 2,524
Re: 180gr 300WSM loads? favorites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZShooter View Post
Winmag,

I read the entire thread. You never mentioned the hunt in Aug in Hell's Canyon . It is now Sept so what happened?
Unfortunately I missed my Bear hunt for the first time in 11 years.
I don't work on the road anymore, mamma wants me home, so I dont make the $ I used to. So when my cousin got married the weekend before my yearly pilgramage, on the other side of the state, & my daughter was the flower girl I had a very tough choice to make. I couldn't afford both. I wouldn't have been able to use the 300WSM anyway. It arrived so late I didn't have time to do proper load work up, proof my drops. Kinda bummed.
Im a lil bitter, but I'll be there next year. Thanks for asking tho.
__________________
"Its not Rocket Surgery.....'
GOD,GUNS,&GUTTS MADE AMERICA, LETS KEEP ALL 3!winmag

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"

Last edited by winmag; 09-18-2012 at 08:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Skagit Valley WASHINGTON
Posts: 155
Re: 180gr 300WSM loads? favorites?

winmag,
Now that you've had this load/gun combo for a while, have you noticed any temperature sensitivity issues. You hunt across a big temperature spread, so just wondering what some real world experience is.
Thanks, Bill
__________________
Bill C
Ignorance is bliss...unless you're aware of it.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Redmond Or.
Posts: 2,524
Re: 180gr 300WSM loads? favorites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbill View Post
winmag,
Now that you've had this load/gun combo for a while, have you noticed any temperature sensitivity issues. You hunt across a big temperature spread, so just wondering what some real world experience is.
Thanks, Bill
Wow this is a surprise I feel special haha

Well, I thought I did last fall until I figured out I had a cracked screw on my rear Leupold rings/mounts.

Switched out to a Leupold 20MOA rail, & new Leupold PWR (Medium) Rings, & the accuracy came right back.

Shot at 54* f in late spring, & 96* f the other day & it was good.
Deer hunt early last fall was great, but shot was under 300 yds so, not much data there as far as temp sensitivity goes effecting poi or drops. Sorry.
I'm sticking with RL-17, & 180 Accubonds until I can try some 190 ABLR's.

I did get some 277 150 ABLR's that I'm gonna try with RL-22 in my dads 270WSM.
__________________
"Its not Rocket Surgery.....'
GOD,GUNS,&GUTTS MADE AMERICA, LETS KEEP ALL 3!winmag

"I have No idea why that cop made me ride in the back seat, when I Clearly called Shotgun!"
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-27-2013, 10:56 AM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Skagit Valley WASHINGTON
Posts: 155
Re: 180gr 300WSM loads? favorites?

Winmag,
Thanks for the reply and I'm with you on sticking with RL 17. I don't shoot this gun past 5 - 600 either.
Thanks,
Bill
__________________
Bill C
Ignorance is bliss...unless you're aware of it.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 177
Re: 180gr 300WSM loads? favorites?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmag View Post
Wow this is a surprise I feel special haha

Well, I thought I did last fall until I figured out I had a cracked screw on my rear Leupold rings/mounts.

Switched out to a Leupold 20MOA rail, & new Leupold PWR (Medium) Rings, & the accuracy came right back.

Shot at 54* f in late spring, & 96* f the other day & it was good.
Deer hunt early last fall was great, but shot was under 300 yds so, not much data there as far as temp sensitivity goes effecting poi or drops. Sorry.
I'm sticking with RL-17, & 180 Accubonds until I can try some 190 ABLR's.

I did get some 277 150 ABLR's that I'm gonna try with RL-22 in my dads 270WSM.
Winmag, if you have any RL25, give it a shot with the 150's. I think you'll be impressed. Getting low 3100's with lowish looking pressures and the ability to run into the mid 3100's without issue. Accuracy looks really good too.
__________________
SEMPER FI
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads for: 180gr 300WSM loads? favorites?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ball powder load for 300wsm w/Barnes 180gr TSX bweber Reloading 14 03-09-2011 11:28 PM
300WSM : 180gr Accubond and RL17 fireroad Reloading 3 09-25-2010 10:20 AM
Need loads for 7mm RUM 180gr Berger sharpshooterbr Reloading 5 01-26-2008 02:09 PM
180gr 300WSM BRN Reloading 4 05-02-2007 03:13 PM
Loads for 308win 180gr Accubond? skidlyman Long Range Hunting & Shooting 9 10-11-2004 02:35 AM

Current Poll
Do you watch outdoor shows live or by recording them?
Always recorded - 14.09%
102 Votes
Mostly recorded - 24.31%
176 Votes
Sometimes recorded - 13.40%
97 Votes
Rarely or never recorded - 48.20%
349 Votes
Total Votes: 724
You may not vote on this poll.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Management Powered by vBadvanced CMPS
All content ©2010-2014 Long Range Hunting, LLC