Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

WipeOut Bore Cleaner Made Easy!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2005, 11:39 AM
Platinum Member

WipeOut Bore Cleaner Made Easy!

http://www.6mmbr.com/jbwipeout.html

Decided to write a little piece to answer a few questions and hopefully help a few guys out.

JB
Old 11-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Platinum Member

Re: WipeOut Bore Cleaner Made Easy!

Terrific writeup as usual-- u know JB, i always read your stuff-- the articles on the 20's, and 6.5-284 are very informative. U oughtta be doing it professionally-- PS perhaps???
Old 11-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Silver Member

JB... thanks for the great article... you mentioned that after spraying the foam, just pull the hose out & let it soak; my question is "would you want to plug the chamber to keep the wipeout out of the action bedding etc"? hope that makes sense to you... thanks again, Larry
Old 11-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Silver Member

Hey Larry how's it going? One thing to consider is spraying it through a bore guide. I use the one from sinclair with the rubber doughnut. I found a little rubber grommet that fits perfectly in the bore guide, then give it a squirt, leave the bore guide in the chamber while it soaks.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:23 PM
Silver Member

ArthurJ... thanks so much, that's exactly what I was thinking... really like the wipeout & this will make it a little easier to use... best I've found for overnight soaking; I have a can of Coppermelt which I plan on trying soon... will give a report back if I learn anything interesting... if it's half as good as it's proclaimed, it'll be a great blessing also... thanks again, Larry
Old 11-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Platinum Member

Sorry, just saw the replies...

[ QUOTE ]
JB... thanks for the great article... you mentioned that after spraying the foam, just pull the hose out & let it soak; my question is "would you want to plug the chamber to keep the wipeout out of the action bedding etc"? hope that makes sense to you... thanks again, Larry

[/ QUOTE ]

Larry -- sorry, i guess i left one small detail out. The rifle is always tilted forward to keep any drainage towards the muzzle.

Steve/SS -- Doin a little of both -- gotta stick with the horse that brought me to the race with most articles though. If it werent for 6mmbr.com and the guy running it, i wouldnt be writing much if anything.

Would still like to get in PS though...

Actually, my first attempt is headed to Dave B today -- hopefully he likes it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] A bit different material than normal though...

O, BTW -- the 20cal stuff wasnt me, twas Kory H.

CHeers,
JB
Old 11-09-2005, 11:42 AM
Silver Member

JB... thanks again, Larry