Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

suggestions on videos or books

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 12:57 PM

suggestions on videos or books

I have been lurking around this forum for a while now. I have been intently reading, and learning from, thread after thread about long range shooting. I have recently purchased my first "precision" rifle and am eager to begin. I do not want to inconvenience/ bore anybody for any long drawn out answers regarding my new hobby. I have searched the site for suggested books and videos and there have been many. it is all a bit overwhelming. Most of the suggested books seem like they are way beyond my current skill/comprehension level. any suggestions on just a basic beginners book? or video? and please don't suggest practice. I live in the heart of the Adirondacks in upstate NY, the closest long range shooting I have access to is about a 1.5 hour drive. I practice as much as my wallet and wife allow ,haha. Thanks for your time.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:44 PM
Gold Member

Re: suggestions on videos or books

I'm a newbie too, and, honestly, both of Bryan Litz's books are great resources if you are interested in the "how" of bullet flight ballistics and are very accessible
Old 09-25-2013, 06:21 AM

Re: suggestions on videos or books

Thanks for the reply, I will start looking for those books right away. I want to have a brain full of
knowledge before my shooting trip next week.