Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

stocks for lr hunting

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 11:28 PM
Bronze Member

Re: stocks for lr hunting

Anybody know where to get a gamescout? Or how far out McMillan is?
Old 03-29-2013, 08:08 AM
Platinum Member

If you are right handed and shooting prone and or offhand, I bought the precisionriflestock from precisionriflestocks. They designed it for prone and offhand. It fits like a glove with your shooting hand and finger. They have McMillan make them for them. Awesome.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:41 PM
Silver Member

I've got Mcmillan and Manners. For long range, my T2 is my favorite stock. Here she is holding my 300 win mag.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Bronze Member

I am in the same boat. I am buiding a new gun with a predator action and brux barrel. I cant decide between a manners MCS-t and Mcmillans new game scout and Sport A3? I had also looked at Mcmillans Remington Hunter as well. I like the color options of the Mcmillan. Overall I am looking for a hunting long range gun that is under 10lbs scoped.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:03 PM
Silver Member

Manners just came out with a new line more for hunting. They have different variations, but basically you can have an A2 without the beaver foreend.....I might have went that route had I had the option.......just as info. Check them out.
Nimrod
Old 04-27-2013, 08:12 AM
Silver Member

well might as well add my 2 cents I like hs precision for the money they have a full aluminum bedding block and are comfy as hell to me. If you shoot a savage or a remmy you can find one in stock on most days and it isn't gonna cost as much as a rifle to buy one. Don't get me wrong manners and mcmillian are nice, but for the money hs is hard to beat.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Silver Member

Shot a lot of different stocks. Have the Choate tactical on my savage right now, and can say it is one of the best stocks for the money. If you are on a budget like me, this makes for a great combination. Lot of adjustability, very durable, great options, impervious to weather. It shoots great off hand and from a bipod. I was nervous about buying this stock, but I'm super glad I gave it a chance.