Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out


scope part

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 01-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Platinum Member
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Riggins Idaho
Posts: 1,195
scope part

Hey guys, I have a question on a part of the scope. What are the turrets called that have little dash marks on them that you can see when you adjust up and down. Like the mark 4's have and the Night force nxs have. I always called them target turrets but I dont know if that is the correct term. I hope this question makes sense
I dont know who ever came up with the imaganary word of "Over Gunned"
Reply With Quote

Unread 01-16-2006, 11:55 PM
Gold Member
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 877
Re: scope part

Youre pretty much right.
The most widely accepted idea of "target turrets" would go something like... "taller than normal, finger adjustable without tools, marked in moa, or fractionally marked in moa"
There are some that fall outside that description of course, but that pretty well does it.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads for: scope part
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The best part of hog hunting The Wolverine Hog Hunting 2 02-26-2011 09:04 PM
Tubb's TMS part 1 goodgrouper Equipment Discussions 9 05-21-2010 09:09 PM
Z6 Help Part II pcww Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 3 12-26-2008 05:33 PM
2 part question lefty15 Long Range Scopes and Other Optics 2 11-21-2007 11:25 AM
Peeonit - Part 8 Buffalobob General Discussion 2 10-21-2006 05:44 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

All content ©2010-2015 Long Range Hunting, LLC