Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

rifle build help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2013, 10:51 AM
Gold Member

Re: rifle build help

To post pic. click on the paper clip at top of post page tool bar(attachments), click choose file and scroll through your pictures and right click select ,click download when finished downloading close window that will bring you back to post page, click on paper clip(attachments)and choose the pic. you down loaded and it will post. It is actually easier than it sounds.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick523 View Post
I would say yes, I have $2200. in the rifle only that includes the purchase of a new 700 action, and all of the smiths charges. I'm lucky the smith that built my rifle only lives 16 mi. from me so I was pretty much involved in the build from the get go, this rifle shoots pretty much one hole groups at 200 yds if I don't screw up he builds bench rest guns for the most part so he is really anal about accuracy, and making sure every aspect was done right. I personally don't think any well known and respected smith could have built a better shooting rifle,JMO The rifle weighs 12.5 lbs with scope jfyi. Good luck and keep us updated on the route you go and of course we will want pics.
K thats good to know im in the ball park. Thats pretty cool that u lived so close to the smith. Be completely involved in the build would be awesome to further your knowledge from a pro like that. What contour of barrel did you choose and how deep are the flutes? I wanna be some where around 9 to 10lbs rifle only.

Get that rifle posted La sounds like a nice piece.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:07 PM
Gold Member

If I was considering a 300WM build, I would go the exact same route that Broz has gone in this thread: My New 300 Win Build

The results he is getting using the 215 berger hybrid are fantastic. Just figured I would throw this out there for another idea!
Old 06-03-2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohunter14 View Post
If I was considering a 300WM build, I would go the exact same route that Broz has gone in this thread: My New 300 Win Build

The results he is getting using the 215 berger hybrid are fantastic. Just figured I would throw this out there for another idea!
Thanks that rifle is sick.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:46 PM
Gold Member

Yeah, and his results are even better. Here is a thread from last year's big game season in which he took 19 big game animals with it: Comparing the Berger 210 VLD to the 215 Hybrid