Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

Remington Trigger Help Please....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2005, 11:14 PM
Gold Member

Re: Remington Trigger Help Please....

but don't get confused by that mirror immage , its a left handed action in the pic.

put trigger back in with the front pin in first, don't forget to put the sear, and sear spring in too. push the trigger up to the action at the rear , pivoting the trigger around the sear axis pin. from inside the action take up the tension on the sear and sear spring by pushing it downwards, now place a drift (a small nail will do, ) through the rear hole(entering from the opposite side to where the rifles safety lever is, and while yourat it put the safety to fire) to hold the trigger captive and the sear, under the tension of the sear spring down.dont push the drifor nail all the way through, you still need to get the bolt stop and spring in place. place the bolt stop in the machines slot in the action, you can then put the spring bolt stop in place, long arm of spring rides on to the forward part of the bolt stop, rear arm slots into the action at the rear of the trigger, ensure the bolt stop actuating lever is possitiones in the correct cut out at the rear end of the bolt stop. you can wriggle the drift or nail about and get the bolt stop and spring sat about in place on it. take the rear pin and insert it from the side of the action that has the rifles safety, you should haveto tap it home with a small hammer (or tapometer as wecall em). wrigle the drif or nail about to get the spring, bolt stop and indeed the whole trigger inline for the pin. gently tap the pin into place using a drift with the hammer for the final placement, leave the end or head of the pin slightly proud of the bolt stop side. Finito.
Pete
Old 04-20-2005, 07:17 AM
Gold Member

Thanks guys!! All is well.
That pic you showed gonehuntingagain really helped me. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
That spring had me buffalo'd!!

Appreciate all the help...sakofan....
Old 04-20-2005, 07:58 AM
daveosok

in the future for reference try taking pictures or draw it the way it looks. It boggles my mind that someone would tear apart something of such importance only to not know how to put it back together.
Take pictures next time.
Old 04-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Gold Member

[ QUOTE ]
in the future for reference try taking pictures or draw it the way it looks. It boggles my mind that someone would tear apart something of such importance only to not know how to put it back together.
Take pictures next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to "boggle your mind". [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Thanks for the help earlier and the idea to take a picture.
Hope I didn't put you out too much, Sir.

It was one of those "I ought to already know how this goes back together" deals.
I have adjusted my trigger and seen the assembly several times. I should have taken better note of how the assembly goes together, but got in a big huff to get the bedding done. OK?....sakofan..