Hey how you doing hjl? I got some info for you in regards to the REM 700 MLR:
- 26" Heavy Barrel no sights, HS3 B, 1-10 twist
- Comes with muzzle break - (integrated into last 40mm of barrel)
- Sako style hook extractor
- X-Mark Pro trigger
- Detachable Mag, 3 rounds
- HS precision PSV74 stock - (molded alloy bedding)
- 9 #'s Wt.
- $1300.00 CAN. (so like $430.00 US, lol just kidding, some days it feels that way though)
- Honestly you can't go wrong with the already chambered .338 Lapua, ammo is going to be the same, and hand load components will be the same; in comparison to a 30/378 wby. Ballistics are better at a 1000y+ as well.
- I'm not sure about the 7mm Allen Mag's though, I hear their pretty sweet though, all I know is that the .338 Lapua has virtually identical ballistics to the 7mm Allen Mag
- BTW it is also available in a .308 win.
Hope that helps