Long Range Hunting Online Magazine

Go Back   Long Range Hunting Online Magazine > Hunting > The Basics, Starting Out

To our Moderators at LRH

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2004, 02:01 PM
Bronze Member

To our Moderators at LRH

I wish to say thankyou so much for this web site. I have only been a member for a very short time and I couldn't have learned more if I had went to college [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I have spent many an hour reading posts on every subject.
Its like reading a good book and not wanting to put it down [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
To Ian, Dave, and Len and all posters to this site I thankyou and wish you all the best over this Christmas Holiday and a happy New Year for 2005 Bob Percifield
Old 12-22-2004, 04:12 PM
Platinum Member

Re: To our Moderators at LGH

You're welcome.

It's not the moderators so much, it's Len for making this site possible and for the good folks that post here...

Thanks again to you and all the other folks we have a good educational place.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:19 PM
Bronze Member

ooops!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] its LRH not LGH [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-22-2004, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member

Fixed it for you... LRH
Old 12-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Gold Member

Re: To our Moderators at LRH

[ QUOTE ]
I wish to say thankyou so much for this web site. I have only been a member for a very short time and I couldn't have learned more if I had went to college [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Its like reading a good book and not wanting to put it down [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
To Ian, Dave, and Len and all posters to this site I thankyou and wish you all the best over this Christmas Holiday and a happy New Year for 2005 Bob Percifield

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way. I have learned more practical information here than anywhere else ever!!

Optics, reloading, gunsmithing, hunting, ballistics, etc, etc...sakofan...I learned my first .300 RUM recipe here a long time ago. (sniff, sniff) 93.2 RL25, Fed. 215M primers, oal length 3.60, (sniff, sniff)..I'm going to cry!!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks to Len, Dave, Ian and all the members here.
Old 12-23-2004, 04:10 PM
Platinum Member

Re: To our Moderators at LRH

[ QUOTE ]
I wish to say thankyou so much for this web site. I have only been a member for a very short time and I couldn't have learned more if I had went to college
Its like reading a good book and not wanting to put it down

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

A number of years ago my friend Dave in Idaho turned me on to long range varminting and Varmint Hunters magazine. It was all great stuff but I had so many questions and the general tone of the mag was .25 and smaller. I shoot a .308.

More recently he informed me of this forum and low and behold I was able to ask my questions and get a quality response almost instantly. The best part is that these guys are shooting everything from the 17s to the heavy hitters at ranges from 100 yards to the next county.

This is my favorite web site. Thanks to everyone, new and old, this is my LR shooting home.

Merry Christmas all and Happy New Year. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

4ked Horn
Old 12-23-2004, 05:38 PM
Silver Member

Thanks for a great board. Seasons Greetings and Best Wishes.

Frank D